800,000 retirement extension.

I will require a new retirement extension next May 2019.  Can I use funds from 2 different bank accounts to satisfy CW rules? (ie , I predict 500,000 and 400,000 next May)

Why I ask is because I have a fixed account, Bangkok bank, that expires in March with 400,000 deposited.  If I renew that deposit in the same account in March I wonder if immigration will say those funds have not been in the account for 3 months, even though it is the same account.

I am reluctant to send money from UK at present with the unfavourable exchange rate.

No problem to use  2 bank accounts. It will require a letter from the bank for each account.

If your fixed deposit account can be renewed with the same account number and the balance never going below 400k baht it will be accepted. There have been cases of the balance going to zero and it not being accepted,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokTony said:

I am reluctant to send money from UK at present with the unfavourable exchange rate.

You could keep it in a Thai Foreign Currency Account which I am led to believe is acceptable to Immigration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokTony said:

Why I ask is because I have a fixed account, Bangkok bank, that expires in March with 400,000 deposited.  If I renew that deposit in the same account in March I wonder if immigration will say those funds have not been in the account for 3 months, even though it is the same account.

If you just renew it for the same period, Bangkok bank now just renew the period using the same account number and book.

Only if you change the period of the fixed term to a different option will they open a new account with a new book.

If you did nothing, the account would revert to giving just 0.5% after the fixed term ended in March.

You could, as I once did, not renew the period until after you do your extension. (May in your case).

Now I have a 12 month fixed term ending and renewing just after my extension date.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokTony said:

I will require a new retirement extension next May 2019.  Can I use funds from 2 different bank accounts to satisfy CW rules? (ie , I predict 500,000 and 400,000 next May)

No problem as long as the funds in both accounts are instantly accessible.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, ubonjoe said:

No problem to use  2 bank accounts. It will require a letter from the bank for each account.

In practice if one turns up at imm with two bank accounts, wouldn't it need a day by day breakdown showing the combined bank levels didn't go below 800k on any given day, and if so whos going to verify that?

22 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

In practice if one turns up at imm with two bank accounts, wouldn't it need a day by day breakdown showing the combined bank levels didn't go below 800k on any given day, and if so whos going to verify that?

Copies of both updated bank books will be used to verify the total was always 800k baht or more. But some offices want bank statements stamped by the bank instead of the books.

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

It's only three months at most; checking day by day would not be a huge task, with only 2 accounts. I suppose they might draw a line if somebody walked in with ten bankbooks.