Certificate of Residence Problem

Hello,

As I told u before Surat Thani immigration not give me “Certificate of Residence” for apply Thai driver license even I’m Non-B visa holder and all documents correct. They didn’t give to me because of I’m Turkish. They said  my country in blacklist lol(even they told me even u have work permit can’t get certificate of residence) 

Anyway how can I get certificate of residence from my home country consulate? Right now I’m in Bangkok. If I get the. do I need to go Surat Thani immigration or just go police station then apply Thai driver license?

Thank you!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BobTH said:

You need to contact your Embassy here in Bangkok.     http://bangkok.emb.mfa.gov.tr/Mission

Consular Services Menu here.   https://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/Procedure

Yes I already gonna talk tomorrow. But what I mean is; can I get certificate of residence from home country consulate?

I don’t know where apply for Thai driver license. I just wrote police station. But as u said have to get certificate of residence from local immigration not home country consulate

They not give to me certificate of residence even I have Non-B visa, Tabian Baan, Landlord ID Card, TM30 Form. So how can I apply Thai driver license? It’s so funny really.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post

9 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

But what I mean is; can I get certificate of residence from home country consulate?

You can get one if they will issue one. The may call it proof of address. If you get one you can use it to apply for a driver's license.

You apply for the drivers license at the Department of Land Transport for the province where you are living.

You can find info about getting the drivers license in the pinned topics here. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/78-thailand-motor-forum/

You have 2 choices. 

1. As I believe that Turks being banned from obtaining a residence certificate is nonsense, you could try again at immigration and hope to get a different officer. You could also get a local immigration lawyer to do it for you.

2. Apply for a yellow book at your local ampur.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get one if they will issue one. The may call it proof of address. If you get one you can use it to apply for a driver's license.

You apply for the drivers license at the Department of Land Transport for the province where you are living.

You can find info about getting the drivers license in the pinned topics here. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/78-thailand-motor-forum/

I got this document from embassy. They said only can issue in English, Turkish, French. No Thai. Do u think is that okay?

D88DEF5B-0DCA-4566-9633-5C32A2116DA3.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

You have 2 choices. 

1. As I believe that Turks being banned from obtaining a residence certificate is nonsense, you could try again at immigration and hope to get a different officer. You could also get a local immigration lawyer to do it for you.

2. Apply for a yellow book at your local ampur.

No idea really. But my other Turkish friends they get already without any problem even with tourist visa in Bangkok, Pattaya etc.

Seems like impossible for different officer cause it’s small immigration always same officer.

Yellow book? U mean Tabian Baan? Can I apply even rent aparment? Also what does it mean ampur?

8 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I got this document from embassy. They said only can issue in English, Turkish, French. No Thai. Do u think is that okay?

It should be accepted but it may need to be translated to Thai.

1 hour ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Yellow book? U mean Tabian Baan? Can I apply even rent aparment? Also what does it mean ampur?

The chances of you getting one is very small.

Amphoe means district. He was referring to the offices for one.

2 comments

I find it funny that Thai authorities accept this address information from embassies, it ain't worth the paper it is written on.

Embassies know nothing and can only convey what you tell them.

I got my first DL in Udon Thani, staying at a hotel there. Had nothing like CoR or likewise from my embassy.

But brought with me my GF at the time and her tabien baan, that did the trick.

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

2 comments

I find it funny that Thai authorities accept this address information from embassies, it ain't worth the paper it is written on.

I got my first DL in Udon Thani, staying at a hotel there. Had nothing like CoR or likewise from my embassy.

Really so you bucked the system. You testify under oath at Embassy what you submitted if true. Sure you can give incorrect information and if caught can Do the time or fine......

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Really so you bucked the system. You testify under oath at Embassy what you submitted if true. Sure you can give incorrect information and if caught can Do the time or fine......

I guess embassies differ. I just give them a piece of paper with my address and it is tapped into their computer system.

Oath? Never been close to that in all my life. Oath is smth I read about in books.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

2 comments

49 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Yeah agree but i give to immigration my landlord tabian baan, landlord id card copy, tm30 form in thai and english, register local immigration my adress from website, copy my passport Non b visa tm6 card

they said u t turkish cant get certificate of residence even u have work permit cant apply driver license 

hahahahah

11 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

D88DEF5B-0DCA-4566-9633-5C32A2116DA3.jpeg

I don’t think that you need to translate it to Thai.

I got one from US consulate in English and used it for bank and driver’s license both, but they kept the original for my driver’s license. 

12 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I don’t think that you need to translate it to Thai.

I got one from US consulate in English and used it for bank and driver’s license both, but they kept the original for my driver’s license. 

I see. I hope it will be work for me too.

3 hours ago, Galactus said:

proof of address document from Turkish Embassy should be enough to get the license.

I dont think so Turks are banned for getting a license. there must be another thing.

Today immigration come to my work see my all documents ok didn't say anything. they come after I went immigration last week.

even in my passport i dont have any arab country stamb etc. they asked my work what he do after work etc. even i have usa, netherlands, greece, japan, korea, china(residence permit) 

Edited by sananeamk0715