How to open a 2nd account in Kasikorn on tourist visa?

Do you have K Plus mobile app setup and linked to your first account?  You can open a K-eSavings account through your phone without going to a branch if you are already a customer with mobile banking / 

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/Digital-banking/Pages/k-esavings-account.aspx

If you don't have it on your phone I suggest you get it. It can do everything. Internet banking doesn't give them the chance to say no!

Don't have K Plus ?  Can apply for it via an ATM and still don't need to go to a branch.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/Apply/KPLUS

36 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:
Do you have K Plus mobile app setup and linked to your first account?  You can open a K-eSavings account through your phone without going to a branch if you are already a customer with mobile banking / 

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/Digital-banking/Pages/k-esavings-account.aspx

If you don't have it on your phone I suggest you get it. It can do everything. Internet banking doesn't give them the chance to say no!

Don't have K Plus ?  Can apply for it via an ATM and still don't need to go to a branch.
https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/Apply/KPLUS

It was a good idea, i just tried it and it didn't work, as a guess needs more visa info so back to square one

153424163045.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

IT would ba an advatage to open any bank account at the moment. I have been to ever bank in KK and each time I am required to have a work permit. Any amount of smiles and cannot work due to retirement visa, meets the same road block, 'Must have work permit'. Cut off nose to spite face seems to be the norm?

there were a couple reports recently about people successfully opening bank accounts after buying an insurance product from such bank.  i can't remember which bank or which city/location but that might be worth a try.  as i recall, the insurance product cost 6,000thb.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It was a good idea, i just tried it and it didn't work, as a guess needs more visa info so back to square one

Go and ask them. Might just need mobile number or copy of passport. I'll admit I haven't done it either, I just believed their website (i know, i shouldn't do that)

As others have said elsewhere, it still varies from branch to branch and probably boils down to whether the manager is farang friendly and/or if they have any staff who speak Tinglish. Some just dont want the hassle.

So try another branch or branches.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, Surasak said:

I have been to ever bank in KK and each time I am required to have a work permit.

Then I would suggest you to travel to Bangkok for a few days  and find a bank there. The Kasikorn branch in SIlom still are friendly towards foreigners. Connect it with online banking and virtual visa and you can use it as normal . 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:07 AM, Surasak said:

IT would ba an advatage to open any bank account at the moment. I have been to ever bank in KK and each time I am required to have a work permit. Any amount of smiles and cannot work due to retirement visa, meets the same road block, 'Must have work permit'. Cut off nose to spite face seems to be the norm?

Try Kasikorn Bank in Central, Udon Thani. They are not my branch but have good English speakers who are always helpful with things my branch in Nakhon Phanom dont seem to understand. It was good reports on the ease of opening an account in the main Kasikorn Bank branch, Udon Thani, which spurred me to open my account in Nakhon Phanom, which was also easy, but that was 10 years ago and they had a very good English who opened the account for me. All that was then required was a passport and address.

• 4 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, scubascuba3 said:

153424163045.jpg

I got the same error message on my app and was told by the bank staff that the K Savings account is reserved for Thai citizens. They apparently have another similar product for which I needed to get confirmation from my University that I am studying with them - my ED visa and Condo lease was for some reason not enough.