Sir Tom Jones blows fans away with 'incredible' gig at Chester Racecourse

snoop1130

Sir Tom Jones blows fans away with 'incredible' gig at Chester Racecourse

By Carmella De Lucia

0_cdr_chs_130818tomjones2.jpg

Sir Tom Jones at Chester Racecourse

'All wet, yeah you might need a raincoat', sings Sir Tom, Jones in Burning Down The House, his duet with The Cardigans.

These words turned out to be quite prophetic, as the heavens opened over Chester Racecourse last night for the pop legend's highly anticipated gig at The Roodee.

Three weeks after the originally scheduled date, Sir Tom - fully recovered from his recent illness - gave a rousing performance to more than 12,000 fans after doctors gave him the all clear to perform after he suffered from a bacterial infection.

The thundery showers didn't put a dampener on the audience who also enjoyed music from support acts Jerry Williams and Into The Ark before Sir Tom arrived on stage at sunset for the final show of his tour.

Full Story: https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sir-tom-jones-blows-fans-15025444

This guy goes to the doctor, and tells the doctor "I can't get that song Green, Green Grass of Home out of my head." To which the doctor says, "Sound like you have Tom Jones Syndrome." The patient then asks, "Tom Jones Syndrome? Never heard of it, is it common?" "It's not unusual," replied the doctor.

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

2 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

This guy goes to the doctor, and tells the doctor "I can't get that song Green, Green Grass of Home out of my head." To which the doctor says, "Sound like you have Tom Jones Syndrome." The patient then asks, "Tom Jones Syndrome? Never heard of it, is it common?" "It's not unusual," replied the doctor. 

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

GOOD ONE !!! :) :) :)

Nice to know he's ok again.

Hope he will be here alot longer. Love it when he spontaneous start to sing on "the voice" or so.

Pity he doesn't record anymore for almost 10y now.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:37 PM, car720 said:

Didn't he teach John Farnham how to sing?  

Great voice.:cheesy:

When Tom Jones started in showbusiness he was a carbon copy of PJ Proby, dress, hairstyle, actions, but the difference was, PJ Proby had a far superior singing voice.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

When Tom Jones started in showbusiness he was a carbon copy of PJ Proby, dress, hairstyle, actions, but the difference was, PJ Proby had a far superior singing voice.

I remember the time well but I remember Proby as being a bit of a nancy who did motown covers and couldn't lip sink.

Tom Jones was a man with a real voice and real charisma.

22 minutes ago, car720 said:

I remember the time well but I remember Proby as being a bit of a nancy who did motown covers and couldn't lip sink.

Tom Jones was a man with a real voice and real charisma.

I cannot agree,Tom Jones had a very powerful voice, but he had no originality at all.

PJ Proby had a far superior singing voice than Tom Jones.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I cannot agree,Tom Jones had a very powerful voice, but he had no originality at all.

Bloody oath mate , spot on

Nice to know he's ok again.

Hope he will be here alot longer. Love it when he spontaneous start to sing on "the voice" or so.

Pity he doesn't record anymore for almost 10y now.

His latest recordings were a trilogy,

Praise and blame , 2010,

Spirit in the room, 2012,

Long Lost Suitcase, 2015.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, possum1931 said:

In your opinion. I preferred Kathy Kirby to Dusty Springfield, but different strokes for different folks.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

In your opinion. I preferred Kathy Kirby to Dusty Springfield, but different strokes for different folks.

So do I, I was not a fan of Dusty Springfield, I thought Kathy Kirby had the better singing voice.

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

His latest recordings were a trilogy,

Praise and blame , 2010,

Spirit in the room, 2012,

Long Lost Suitcase, 2015.

Thank you very much for updating me. To be honnest i think i never heared  about this records in my country. Last listing of Tom i could find in our top 40, was in 2009.

Thank you very much for updating me. To be honnest i think i never heared  about this records in my country. Last listing of Tom i could find in our top 40, was in 2009.

The recordings I quoted are albums , Tom has had 10 singles since 2010 but all misses ( not hits [emoji51]) the highest position he reached this decade is 148 on the UK charts.

Not taking anything away from him though, he still has a fantastic voice but his fan base is not so large anymore and not the type to buy singles !!

Archived