Relevant bodies meet on solutions to Bangkok traffic jams

webfact

Relevant bodies meet on solutions to Bangkok traffic jams

bkk.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 15th August 2018 (NNT) – A meeting has been held by related agencies in order to find measures to tackle traffic problems in Bangkok. 

On the instruction of Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, the Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT) has convened with concerned agencies to address traffic congestion in Bangkok and its vicinity, particularly at entrances and exits of expressways. Besides EXAT, the attendees came from such agencies as Bangkok’s Department of Drainage and Sewerage, the State Railway of Thailand, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand and the Public Relations Department. 

Deputy Metropolitan Police Chief, Pol Maj Gen Jiraphat Phumjit, in his capacity as Director of the Traffic Control and Command Center, anounced that the meeting focused on ways to alleviate severe traffic buildups during rush hours in 11 spots on entrance and exit ramps of major expressways, consisting of five on Chaloem Maha Nakhon Expressway, five on Si Rat Expressway and one on Chalong Rat Expressway. 

He said, initially, extra lanes have been opened to facilitate the flow of traffic while surveillance cameras have been installed on expressways to allow for more effective traffic light control and coordination. Follow-ups are to be conducted on the rearrangement of traffic lanes at bottlenecks.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-15

Transfer some big government  offices out of Bangkok and spread them over the country and maybe you can do the same with other big companies and give them a bonus to do so. That helped a long time ago in The Netherlands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Get Real said:

To come up with some irrelevant results

Many, many years ago a politician suggested changing all the traffic lights to green.True.

Smooth flow of traffic is dependant upon every driver being aware & consciously driving without creating hazards & dangers that affect drivers 2km behind. Doesn't happen in many places elsewhere in the world.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Many, many years ago a politician suggested changing all the traffic lights to green.True.

Smooth flow of traffic is dependant upon every driver being aware & consciously driving without creating hazards & dangers that affect drivers 2km behind. Doesn't happen in many places elsewhere in the world.

What doesn't happen? All the traffic lights on green or traffic jams? I don't get your point

ban cars in the city! scooters only. crazy but who knows. good for the enviroment and people get a little more excercise. 

government can give up more land to the public that ISNT just flood plains and force businesses to spread out...

Birth control could be the first step though.

thais are pretty lazy though. im not picking im just saying it how i see it. my neighbours for example live like sht but drive all day long and really slow and never more than one person in the vehicle. If they were more organized they could go out once a week or so. It's not like they have jobs! Funny that but they all have cars. 

When i lived in bkk i would only scoot because i was too impatient. The streets are lined with singles doing hair, picking pimples and such in the mirrors. These people dont need to drive surely. 

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Bet there was plenty of head scratching in that meeting..thailand the hub of committees and meetings that achieve sod all.

Ball scratching more like, as that's all they're any good at !

Edited by trainman34014

17 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Transfer some big government  offices out of Bangkok and spread them over the country and maybe you can do the same with other big companies and give them a bonus to do so. That helped a long time ago in The Netherlands.

Sounds a great idea but you dealing with corrupt people here  They would get the bonus to move and with a little bit of help from high up to show they did and they still be in Bangkok operating. Sorry, but dealing in Money is not Thai people biggest asset.  

In Australia some 5 years ago they introduced highway patrol cars fitted with cameras that could tell if the car was registered and the owner was licensed, do same in Bangkok sit patrol cars on freeway checking those found unregistered and/or driver unlicensed immediately impound vehicle and not release until driver licensed and vehicle properly licensed and insured. There problem 50% solved now to buy up vacant land to store all the impounded vehicles!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, a977 said:

In Australia some 5 years ago they introduced highway patrol cars fitted with cameras that could tell if the car was registered and the owner was licensed, do same in Bangkok sit patrol cars on freeway checking those found unregistered and/or driver unlicensed immediately impound vehicle and not release until driver licensed and vehicle properly licensed and insured. There problem 50% solved now to buy up vacant land to store all the impounded vehicles!!!

Tell you what a great idea. But they would have to buy heaps of land. Sometimes I think? Is the government here backing their police force? Why do I ask? Example. Look at the patrol cars they have here? very outdated. Be flat out catching somebody on a scooter. In Aus, the patrol cars are the latest and best and a good deterrent to people who might decide to have a go and run for it. I  sometimes wonder if the government of Thailand means business to stop the road carnage otherwise they would try to modernize the police here. Priorities are all wrong because rest assured at the local air force base you would see the latest jet fighters on the tarmac and one of those fighters would buy lots of the latest Police Patrol cars. The only downfall I guess is teaching the police how to drive and handle such a car.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:39 PM, lambchops said:

Many, many years ago a politician suggested changing all the traffic lights to green.

This might be the latest cunning plan up their sleeve, to fix Bangkok's traffic woes in three months. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, happy chappie said:

Bet there was plenty of head scratching in that meeting..thailand the hub of committees and meetings that achieve sod all.

hahaha   yes the Thai head scratch ..I know it too well..haha

• Like 1