Thai Wife W/ Usa Citizenship

hi, a friend of a friend in nyc, had same situation, she went to the thai consulate in new york and obtained a passport with no fuss.

departed us on us p/p entered thailand on thai p/p

do not know if l.a. has a consulate

good luck

Thank-you. We called the Thai counsulate in LA, where her last Thai passport was issued. She has to go to LA in person and apply for the passport using her old passport and Thai ID card.

hi, a friend of a friend in nyc, had same situation, she went to the thai consulate in new york and obtained a passport with no fuss.

departed us on us p/p entered thailand on thai p/p

do not know if l.a. has a consulate

good luck

Thank-you. We called the Thai counsulate in LA, where her last Thai passport was issued. She has to go to LA in person and apply for the passport using her old passport and Thai ID card.

My wife is in the same situation, and we plan to move to LOS in Aug of next year, did the LA thai consulate say it had to be in person, we live in washington State and was hoping it could do it by mail.

where are you going to be living in thailand and are you retired military? :o

Edited by skipvice

...did the LA thai consulate say it had to be in person, we live in washington State and was hoping it could do it by mail.

Answer:

She has to go to LA in person and apply for the passport

Because the new passport will be biometric, her presence at the consulate is unavoidable this time.

--

Maestro

...did the LA thai consulate say it had to be in person, we live in washington State and was hoping it could do it by mail.

Answer:

She has to go to LA in person and apply for the passport

Because the new passport will be biometric, her presence at the consulate is unavoidable this time.

--

Maestro

I was told by one of my wife's friend that it could be done by mail, that was why I was asking. :o

My wife is in the same situation, and we plan to move to LOS in Aug of next year, did the LA thai consulate say it had to be in person, we live in washington State and was hoping it could do it by mail.

The LA thai consulate usually travels to the Seattle area once a year, check with them for the next year's schedule date. Last year it was in Renton -at the end of October- for 2 days, over the weekend, and will accept only cash payment. You then can do everything here without having to travel all the way to LA.

The LA thai consulate usually travels to the Seattle area once a year, check with them for the next year's schedule date. Last year it was in Renton -at the end of October- for 2 days, over the weekend, and will accept only cash payment. You then can do everything here without having to travel all the way to LA.

skipvice,

She

skipvice,

She

skipvice

lets try this again. My wife will have to be present in front of the consualte as her previous passport has expired, similiar to US requirements. Iam retired Air Force and will be living in Det Udom, near Ubon.

Don't know if you have to go to an MFA Consulate specifically....? There is an honorary Thai Consulate in Portland, OR, which certainly would be closer to Washington State than LA. Worth checking out.

Another option is to just come to Thailand on her US passport and then get her new Thai passport in Thailand. If doing a border run after she receives her new Thai passport is not convenient (to clear the entry in US passport), she can easily get a one year extension of stay by virtue of being a Thai national. Then, when she next travels abroad, she can re-enter on her Thai passport.