Another day on Thai roads - another 58 corpses

webfact

If you pull out into traffic, and you don't look, you deserve to die.  Maybe, since one of the major issues is the afterlife, the survivors that suffer for the rest of this life should be focused on~burned, brain damaged, limbless...otherwise they just think it's funny

A merge gone bad. Trying to figure out what the road designer's intent was to merge the traffic into the main road. In the USA, there probably would have been a stop sign for the side road traffic. Then I realized that Thailand doesn't have many stop signs.

Then it dawned on me: Thai motorists, particularly motor bikers, do not like to stop or be stopped!

And they've gotten used to non-stopping merges and have gotten pretty good at it.

However, IMHO, non-stopping merges can cost more in accidents, as is illustrated by this fatal accident.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Thailand is and will always be a third world country, at least in my life time.

I do not expect this country to get below the top worst 5 countries in the next 15

years. Carry on and please keep all those gross pictures coming in the news..

us bored old forum readers need our daily fix of death.

(Sarcasm)

• Haha 1

I cross Sukhumvit Rd in front of the police box at Soi 4  & see all the time red light dashes & not stopping 

for pedestrians when turning left.

The BIB have 8 cameras in the police box to witness this & could even if they wished, look outside the window.

What do they do,,,,,,,,,,,, nothinjg

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

I cross Sukhumvit Rd in front of the police box at Soi 4  & see all the time red light dashes & not stopping 

for pedestrians when turning left.

The BIB have 8 cameras in the police box to witness this & could even if they wished, look outside the window.

What do they do,,,,,,,,,,,, nothinjg

As I stated HERE. What would you have the cops in the box do? I'm sure the video (assuming the cameras work) would be accessed only if there were a fatal accident or some other interesting event (such as a man punching out his GF).

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

I don't understand why if you hate a whole race you choose to live amongst them? 

I do not express any hatred; neither explicitly nor implicitly.

And you know for a fact that I live there?

With no due respect, your response is incorrectly presumptuous and vapid.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2018 at 8:02 PM, Redline said:

If you pull out into traffic, and you don't look, you deserve to die.  Maybe, since one of the major issues is the afterlife, the survivors that suffer for the rest of this life should be focused on~burned, brain damaged, limbless...otherwise they just think it's funny

Thats the Thai driving culture.

You are only  interested in the road ahead.

Anything to the side or behind is another drivers problem.

Its not the truck drivers fault.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr E said:

I do not express any hatred; neither explicitly nor implicitly.

And you know for a fact that I live there?

With no due respect, your response is incorrectly presumptuous and vapid.

Perhaps you just like to patronise as it gives you a sense of superiority in your own mind.

53 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Perhaps you just like to patronise as it gives you a sense of superiority in your own mind.

Overwhelmingly hyper intelligent riposte.

Stick to the salient points.

You are too feeble to retract your absurd unsubstantiated accusation that I hate an entire race.

I do not patronise. 

However, if I ever gave your vacuous words anything more than a modicum of attention I probably would patronise you.

• Thanks 1