Learned from getting Police Clearance Certificate in Bangkok

Before getting the certificate, I read conflicting statements on what would be needed. For those topics of conflict, here is what I needed. TIT so YWMV.

= Quotes From the US Embassy document

"NON-THAI APPLICANT
* Passport with one photocopy"

I offered, and the clerk at station 1 kept copies of: data page, stamp of original visa transferred to this passport, current annual renewal, most recent entry stamp.

"* Document(s) certify that the applicant is working, used to work or residing in Thailand"

My Residence Certificate was in the pile of docs I handed to the clerk. She looked at it for a few seconds then handed it back. No idea if that document was necessary.

= From a Thai government document, requirements for an applicant residing in Thailand included:  

"Letter from the Embassy for Request check to objectives
For Residence

-Residence application or Resident card
-Letter from the Embassy or Request for Record check from Embassy"

I needed the Police Clearance to apply for a residence visa in another country. My documents included: 1) The email response from their embassy referring to an attached document containing a list of requirements for a visa application, and 2) The attached document. Clerk read the email, glanced at the document before giving it back to me. No idea if that document was necessary.

In other matters, the US Embassy document on Police Cert has a map showing the office is in building #24. The gate guard told me it was in #7. The map is correct. Finally, if I ever have to be fingerprinted there again, I'm bringing a baggie of paper towels. The cloth towels where you wash off the ink were so black I thought they'd get ink on my now clean hands, and they were so wet as to be useless for drying.