Head massage and high(er) blood pressure

antoniuni

I suffer now quit a long time under dizziness. I went to different hospitals / doctors and everything zero! They say almost always: visit a sleeping doctor!

I wanted to-day to try a special head massage against vertigo although there are numerous names about dizziness! I went to a, I think, very trustable massage which is, they say, from wat Po and they asked me if I had high blood pressure. They measured the blood pressure and it came out at 160 but the portable machines can also be wrong after some time. Anyway, they said no, you cannot have a massage because your blood pressure is too high! 

A started cautiously looking in Google and couldn't find a real negative answer, on the contrary, not really positive either. I like to ask here If somebody know something about this.

Edited by antoniuni

High blood pressure will cause dizziness and if this is truly your BP you need treatment for it.

However if you have been to many doctors already one would think they would have detected it.

I suggest you invest in a home BP monitor and check it yourself daily at rest, keeping a record.

If your BP is normal and assuming  the doctors you have already seen have ruled out serious neurological causes (i.e. you have had a neuro exam by a neurologist and possibly a scan) then likely this is either:

- what is known as benign paroxysmal postural vertigo  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20370055

OR

- an inner ear problem such as Menieres Disease  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menieres-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20374910

There are treatments that can help for both but your run of the mill doctor in Thailand will not be of any help.

If you are in (or can get to) Bangkok I can suggest where to go.

THANK you Sheril! I shall start again with the blood pressure! My own meter, an Omron HEM-7117 I have already quit a time and I'll start let checking it. My blood pressure is "only" around 126/75.

I used by the way already lots of money visiting doctors in different hospitals! I am afraid that in Europe / America they are better!

I am living in Bangkok.

To avoid stupid answers from others I can tell you that I had in 2017 an MRI scan which told the following:

Old lacuna infarctions at the left cerebellar hemisphere and anterior aspect of the left basal ganglia.

Evidence of mild degrees small vessels disease, small vessel ischemia or small vessel infarction at the both cerebral hemispheres.

Aging brain atrophy, with predominate a both hippocampus, DDx, Alzheimer's disease.

No acute or subacute infarction.

Severe narrowing at P2 segment of both PCAs. 

My American doctor gave me the following medicines: Amlodopine 5, Aspirin Ped 81, Zyrtec 10 and Lipitor 20 to take once a day. Besides of these medicines I take Vitamin B1, B6 and B12.

More he cannot do he told me, but I still didn't had a proper Vertigo test. My hearing is good although my ears are hissing the whole day.