Lamp Shades in Chiang Mai?

mejomini

When we moved here we brought several table lamps without the shades from the U.S. Does anyone know where I can purchase lamp shades (or have them made) in the Lampang/Chiang Mai area?  I saw some answers from a long time ago on the forum, but the links seem to have gone dead.  Thank you for the help.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Check in at Lamptitude, the owner may be able to help or refer you.  Be sure the lamps are wired for 220 before plugging in here.

Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to check with them. BTW have you used their services before?

23 minutes ago, mejomini said:

Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to check with them. BTW have you used their services before?

Of course, I have their stuff all around my house.  That is why I live in the dark.

BTW, Brad is full of shit, a lamp is more than an extension cord.

• Haha 1

You can bring a lamp from a place like the US and change the bulb  here and it will work fine.  Done it many times.  Lamp shades are hard to find in Thailand which seems ridiculous because lamps with shades are everwhere.  The guy in Lamptitude recommened somebody out near Sam Kampaeng, but I never followed up.

• Thanks 1

Please excuse a non US citizen asking this but what has the voltage etc got to do with a lamp shade?

1693437437_lampshade.jpg.211210d7aa343a55304742ab209bf6e5.jpg

or this

56525636_lampshade.png.6af6a154f44e85196fb4720e039622f1.png

You can be these anywhere!

They sit around the lamp/light bulb don't they and are independent of any power supply?

Edited by scottiejohn

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all the TV members who sent helpful responses. We finally located a place in Hang Dong (Ban Tawai or Ban Waen). They have a pretty good stock and will order what they don't have. Very patient staff.  Small shop. Reasonable prices. The place is called TRADA DESIGN. Can find through Google Maps.  

• 2 weeks later...