MY THAI Wife In USA -- Green Card Delay! Unbelievable.

Aloha From Maui, Hawaii.

My Thai Wife came from BKK three years ago on a K-1 Visa.  Got her Green Card, Social Security, etc.

The Green Card is "conditional" for only two years.

A year ago we:  "Petition To Remove Conditional Status" on her Green Card, so she will get the 10-year Green Card.

Welcome To Trumpland.

What used to take 3 months and about a year ago took 5-6 months --- is now taking 18-21 months!!

USA Immigration is a virtual stand-still.  Nothing is happening quickly.  

We did receive a letter permitting her to travel outside the USA for 18 months from the expiration date:  October 22, 2017.

So she can travel  for the 7 months or so while we wait on her new, 10-year Green Card.

There are 3 other Thai women on Maui, and one friend of hers in Alaska that are waiting.   Ridiculous.

Immigration in USA has come to a virtual standstill.

Just wanted to give a shout out and a "heads up" to others who might be wondering.

Best to all,

steve

GREEN CARD DELAY.jpg

Oh well, that's how it goes.  When my wife (fiancee and the time) applied for her K1 all of the USCIS offices were prioritizing Dreamers at the time, so her approval was delayed by more than 6 months.  I ended up writing a letter to my US Senator, and his office called me and did some follow up.  She was approved about 1 week later.  Fortunately we were processed through the California service center.  The other two had even longer delays.  We didn't have any delays w/ the adjustment of status or removal of conditions though.  Both of those went through pretty quickly.

Archived