London tube station shooting injures three people: police

webfact

London tube station shooting injures three people: police

(Reuters) - A shooting at London's Kingsbury tube station has left three people injured, police said on Monday night, adding that the shooting is "not terror related."

"Police and LAS (London Ambulance Service) were alerted at around 2145hrs on Monday, 20 August, to reports of shots fired in Kingsbury Road, NW9", the Met police said in a statement.

The injured people are not believed to be in a life-threatening condition, the police said.

"A crime scene is in place and local roads are closed. There has been no arrest at this early stage," the statement added.

(Reporting by Kanishka Singh in Bengaluru and Elisabeth O'Leary in Edinburgh; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-21

9 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Yet they can say with confidence that they know it not to be terrorist related.

Yeah, because other than you an I, the police might be looking for patterns, that hint to an attack or "just" a shooting between two idiots or an armed robbery...

But some people just always know better!

>sigh<

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Yeah, because other than you an I, the police might be looking for patterns, that hint to an attack or "just" a shooting between two idiots or an armed robbery...

But some people just always know better!

>sigh<

Well I sincerely hope they are still looking for those patterns because, otherwise, it might seem to be a tad foolish to definitively state that it wasn't something before actually knowing. I am not even hinting that it was a terrorist attack. I just like to avoid pre-emptive statements.

sigh

10 hours ago, webfact said:

police said on Monday night, adding that the shooting is "not terror related.

Well it's not surprising people are a tad sceptical about anything the police say, their own past coyness is coming back to bite them

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the incident was "not terror-related" and have not yet made any arrests.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1006066/london-news-shooting-kingsbury-tube-station-brent-latest-met-police

Guess the usual people will come along inferring police conspiracies, Lefties, MSM blah, blah

I always thought of Kingsbury to be a reasonably safe part of London when I lived in the UK up to 10 years ago. In view of this particular incident and the one involving the beating-up of a local 90-year-old OAP in her own bed a couple of months ago, though, I am no longer so sure:-

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/708229/brent-attack-woman-iris-warner-battered-london-crime-news-met-police

Archived