Man who assaulted female iPhone assistant says sorry - but is not named

webfact

Man who assaulted female iPhone assistant says sorry - but is not named

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The man who assaulted a female assistant at a phone shop has been fined 5,000 baht.

He has said sorry to society and the victim.

But he was not named by Thai Rath in their story.

In the clip of the assault arguing about the faulty scanning function of a phone he claimed he was the son of top ranking civil servants.

He went with his lawyer to Bang Yikhan police yesterday where they met the victim and her group to clear up the matter.

Thai Rath said that he wai-ed throughout the discussion but the victim turned away and ignored him.

At the end she gave him a cursory wai in recognition.

He was fined 5,000 baht for assault - then came the apologies and excuses for the cameras.

He said sorry to society, sorry to the victim, said he was well brought up by his mum and dad but didn't always listen. It was a costly mistake for him. He said he had split up from his girlfriend six years ago and suffered depression ever since.

He told people not to share the clip as it was not good for Thailand.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-21

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said sorry to society, sorry to the victim, said he was well brought up by his mum and dad but didn't always listen. It was a costly mistake for him. He said he had split up from his girlfriend six years ago and suffered depression ever since.

This just about sounds like he is taking responsibility for his actions. Not blaming any one but himself.

Could be a decent guy who made a mistake we all do that.

11 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Yeah, of course! A misstake by hitting a shop assistant in the face. I guess that classifies as a little bit more than a mistake, right?

On the other hand, I guess it aöö comes down to what acceptance threshold you have, and how well you have charged your BS-detector.

31 minutes ago, carlyai said:

... decent?...nah

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Yes decent .

Decent people take responsibilty for their actions. He appears to be taking responsibilty. He made a mistake  and takes ownership of it what else can you ask of him.

31 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, of course! A misstake by hitting a shop assistant in the face. I guess that classifies as a little bit more than a mistake, right?

On the other hand, I guess it aöö comes down to what acceptance threshold you have, and how well you have charged your BS-detector.

My post was not about the action it was about how he dealt with it. No cop out  he does not blame his parents or any one else.

It appears no matter what a Thai does many guys here will find a way to judge him poorly.

Comprehension skills are very poor on TV

6 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

My post was not about the action it was about how he dealt with it.

Really? I guess you forget what you post very quick, right? Below is a reminder:

53 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

And that is what I replied below on:

40 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I sincerely hope you can see the connection with the word "mistake" in focus. Or maybe you mean it was a misstake to wai and say sorry? (Sarcasm alert!)

So, now. How are you going to make a 360-turn and get away from that? The first one didn´t work. Don´t worry though. If at first you don´t succed, one must try and try again.

Yes decent .
Decent people take responsibilty for their actions. He appears to be taking responsibilty. He made a mistake  and takes ownership of it what else can you ask of him.

Be pro-responsible.

He may be decent (decent is subjective), but the fact that he fronts up with his lawyer and dressed the way he did, with that stupid Gucci hat on and open necked shirt, carrying on gives the appearance (to me), of contempt. Put him in the army.
Enough for me, you have your opinion and me mine. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He was fined 5,000 baht for assault - then came the apologies and excuses for the cameras.

Inflation has caught up with everything these days. Used to be 500 baht and a wai in the good old days.

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

My post was not about the action it was about how he dealt with it. No cop out  he does not blame his parents or any one else.

It appears no matter what a Thai does many guys here will find a way to judge him poorly.

Comprehension skills are very poor on TV

Yes, he was caught bang to rights on video and yet he still admits he did it. That's a real man there. I'm impressed. He had so many options and he chose the hardest one. 

Yes, he didn't blame the break up with his ex six years ago or depression. He waied a lot. He paid 5,000 baht. What more do people want? Community service? Prison?

That girl will go back to work happy she got her wai. She wasn't humiliated at all. There will be no emotional scars for her. She won't feel any fear the next time a customer gets even the slightest bit irate with her. She got her wai and he took responsibility. Why judge?

I think I tried this on with my teacher when I was about 7 years old. He saw me hit my friend. I knew he knew so I admitted it. I then assumed I could just be on my way. He didn't seem to care that I admitted it. In fact, my attitude of, "but I admitted doing it, sir" just seemed to enrage him more. I think I learnt something that day. 

No jail time for assault? Yeah, he went to HIS lawyer, and his lawyer told him exactly what to do and say. Oh yeah, dont forget to mention that you broke up with your GF 6 years ago, and you couldnt get the right color merc, that you wanted! 

What a piece of s..t!!  Why mention the break up with his GF, if he didnt put some of the blame on her.

What he said and the way he presented for the camera came straight out of the public relations spin playbook. He played his part well and would seem to have minimised the fallout after being seen violently assaulting a woman on camera.   Hell he has even got the sympathy vote from posters on here.

The missing part is the woman's reaction other than a token response wai. It would be interesting to see and hear her version of events.

2 hours ago, Small Joke said:

The assault of low paid workers is almost always some mentally unhinged hi-so wetwipe,  and the cover ups of their psychopathic behaviour here is absolutely sickening. 

Just say it, he is an ahole that needs a punching

This is just another example of a small Thai man, who felt overly entitled, losing his mind, and hitting a woman. There is NEVER an excuse to hit a woman, under any circumstances, short of her possessing a weapon and trying to kill you. He was busted, it was caught on tape, he is embarrassed, his family has lost face in a major way, and now he is sorrowful. Though I respect him for taking responsibility for his actions, he never should have made this mistake to begin with. Self control is an admirable quality. How many posters on this forum have hit a complete stranger in a store before, who was helping them with a product? Believe me, I have been frustrated, being in that position, with someone who had no idea what they were talking about. But did I hit them? What would cause that level of rage? Where is the self discipline or self awareness?

The bottom line is this. Women run this country. Without it's women, this nation would be a pale shadow of what it is today. Parents should start by telling their young sons:

You are nothing special, you need to earn the respect of society, you need to work for a living, and you cannot expect anything to be handed to you in life. You will be held accountable for your acts in this life. Your sisters are far more special than you are. They are smarter, they study harder, work harder, and carry the weight. You need to demonstrate that you are even their equals. Then, and only then, will you be taken seriously. 

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can think of at least 17, right off the top of my head (Bill Burr).

I'm not saying you should do it, but there's plenty of reasons .......

It's very true. There are many reasons why you might hit a woman. Women can be complete a******, too. But the same rule applies when it comes to sleeping with your sister - you just don't do it. 

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Yes decent .

Rubbish.

5 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Yes decent .

The only thing more pathetic and slimy than this piece of garbage  are the posters here defending him. He's not sorry. Lol. He's just saying what HIS lawyer told him to say and how to grovel to avoid a more serious fine. And for the clowns that say "well hes taking reponsibility " ???  the CCTV  already did that moron.

Archived