VIDEO: Thai man punches female shop assistant in the face over faulty iPhone

webfact

VIDEO: Thai man punches female shop assistant in the face over faulty iPhone

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTKFZru2gYBJQnR49y.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai man been caught on CCTV punching a female sales assistant in the face at a Studio 7 store in Bangkok.

Footage of the incident, which was posted to Facebook on Sunday, shows the man arguing with the woman inside the store at Central Pinklao before punching her in the face.

According to Thairath, the man, identified only as Arm, was annoyed that the facial recognition feature on his new iPhone X wouldn’t scan his face.

He returned to the store and demanded a replacement or a refund but when staff checked the iPhone, they could not find any fault with the device, including the facial recognition option.

Arm was then told that he was not eligible for a refund or exchange and headed for the store’s stockroom in an attempt to take another iPhone.

However, he was stopped from entering the room by a female employee who he then punched in the face.

To make matters worse, rather than leaving, Arm paraded round the store shouting to anyone who would listen that he was the one who had been mistreated.

“Don’t buy and iPhone from this store”, he shouted.

The video has now been watched more than 2 million times.

Police are investigating the incident.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-20

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the female shop assistance was making a fool of the customer and refusing to acknowledge the faulty device....not a reason to punch her on the face. Morality, never buy Apple gear in Thailand from resellers....go to the official Apple online store or to the official Apple flagship store in Bangkok when it opens !

57 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Even if the female shop assistance was making a fool of the customer and refusing to acknowledge the faulty device....not a reason to punch her on the face. Morality, never buy Apple gear in Thailand from resellers....go to the official Apple online store or to the official Apple flagship store in Bangkok when it opens !

Or if you are an idiot and cant make it work, dont buy one.  The staff found no fault with the problem he said he was having.   Perhaps it was PBCAKB. (Problem between chair and keyboard, or IOS form of same.)

Bad enough getting divorced, but when you cant even make your own phone recognise you, you have a problem.  

While I don't condone violence, the attitude of the staff at these sores in Bangkok

is terrible.

I have often looked at phones on display [at good prices]with the intention of buying, only to be told" I sorry but we don't have any of those left".

And the steered to a dearer version of the same phone.

If the bloody thing is unavailable why put"sucker stickers" on them?

28 minutes ago, Freed1948 said:

While I don't condone violence, the attitude of the staff at these sores in Bangkok

is terrible.

I have often looked at phones on display [at good prices]with the intention of buying, only to be told" I sorry but we don't have any of those left".

I take it when you  mis-spelled stores ( sores ) that's what you really meant.

???

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I take it when you  mis-spelled stores ( sores ) that's what you really meant.

???

Why do it/  Because the boss told them too.  Some of these staff will not like misleading customers but is what the boss wants or the hard cold road.  What would you do if it was your only job.?

2 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

is terrible.

Why do it/  Because the boss told them too.  Some of these staff will not like misleading customers but is what the boss wants or the hard cold road.  What would you do if it was your only job.?

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Agreed, the individual should be charged.

That said, once the new Apple Store opens in the IconSiam ... it would be best to buy directly from Apple.  Worst case you can return the device for a full refund within the first two weeks.  The other stores selling Apple products do not necessarily live up to the high standard Apple sets.  

id  like to punch many shop assistants in the face its  just that theyre  too  busy not  looking at me "the customer" and chatting to their friend next to them that id  hit the side of their head

Obviously it was wrong to hit the assistant...that said....I'm kinda glad to see someone stand up for themselves and not just take things lying down.

I've seen it a thousand times before but yesterday I was walking on the footpath in Surin city with "she who must be obeyed" and had to move out onto the busy main road because all along the footpath in front of a long store selling pick-up's.... was blocked completely with their vehicles on display, so much so that the front wheels were hanging out over the outer edge of the footpath. I looked at the Mrs. and she just takes these things for granted 

I asked her if she doesn't see anything wrong with us having to risk our lives stepping out onto a busy main road because the shop owner decides to use our footpath for his own use to make money. .. Response..."the blank stare syndrome".

These stores don't fix what they sell, unless it is an extremely minor repair. That's just the way it is. They are not authorized repair centers. If he took the phone to an authorized Apple repair center, and there was truly a fault with it, they would most likely replace it, although I have to admit there are variances in quality among the different repair centers. If they don't replace it, you can call their main center in Singapore, explain the situation and they will probably tell the repair center to replace it. I have had Apple in Singapore tell Bangkok repair centers to replace parts for free on a computer that was past the warranty expiration date. So they can be quite good. They want to retain your business.

In any case, this jerk needs to spend some time in jail for assault. Do not let him pay a little money and all is forgotten. This is criminal behavior and should never be tolerated.

This has been a long time coming.

Appalling customer service and the no-refund / no exchange policy has started to drive Thai customers over the edge.

Expect to see more of this in the future.

The guy is a coward. Why didn't he punch one of the male employees? Why didn't they jump him and kick the cr@p outta him when he belted that girl. If a falang had belted him you know 10 of his buddies woulda come crawling out from under the rocks where they live clutching machetes.

Thai guys are only matched in their cowardice by Korean guys in my experience.

Archived