Any decent butcher in Ubon area?

SteveK

Hi guys,

I'm getting tired of the frozen steaks from Makro, they are OK but not quite up to scratch.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells fresh, good quality beef, lamb or goat in and around Ubon? I've looked at some online delivery places but they want 500 Baht for 500 grams of diced lamb which seems ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, phibunmike said:

Good beef in Tops. I am also looking for goat, I think there is a goat farm near me (Warin), I will advise if I locate it.

Two goat farms in your area Phibunmike. However, one would have to buy the goats and slaughter them at one's house. Both farms only breed the goats to an age of 4-6 moths and sell on to other farmers to fatten up for slaughter or for further breeding. 

39 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

Two goat farms in your area Phibunmike. However, one would have to buy the goats and slaughter them at one's house. Both farms only breed the goats to an age of 4-6 moths and sell on to other farmers to fatten up for slaughter or for further breeding. 

Thanks for the info, Michael. I don't feel inclined to do the slaughtering and butchering myself, so will continue my search for other sources!

2 hours ago, phibunmike said:

Good beef in Tops. I am also looking for goat, I think there is a goat farm near me (Warin), I will advise if I locate it.

I bought a goat (slaughtered & butchered) from a guy living in a house with a garden in the narrow market street going West from Ubonrak hospital. Several years ago though…………….?

• Like 1