Video: Minivan driver watching a movie instead of the road nearly has accident

webfact

Video: Minivan driver watching a movie instead of the road nearly has accident

7pm_VID.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A phone video posted on Facebook caused widespread comment on Thai social media after a minivan driver was filmed paying more attention to a movie on his phone rather than the road ahead.

At one point there is almost a collision with another vehicle that cuts in front. The driver gives the other motorist the "evil eye" but he could have been just as much at fault.

The footage was posted by "Jean Yean" who was interviewed by Daily News Online. He said he was on his way from Future Park in Rangsit to the Victory Monument on Monday about noon.

When he noticed the driver paying more attention to the movie on his phone than the lower expressway section of the journey he started filming.

He said that the authorities should do something about drivers like this who endanger the public.

Many netizens agreed calling for action against the driver whose name and number was clearly visible in the footage.

They might also like to ask him what he has hanging from his driving controls.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-22

What a total slob, watching a movie while driving [insane], his laundry all over the console, and a bag of snacks hanging on the gear shift. But why don't the passengers speak up? Instead of sitting there like lemons, waiting patiently for their death.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

My pick-up came with a factory-fitted DVD player in the dashboard. Amazing really that a multinational car maker could do anything so crass. May as well fit a gin and tonic dispenser too.

Those DVD players only work if the car is stationary with the handbrake on. So should not be possible to use while driving.

Of course the first thing most drivers do is get it rewired so the DVD works while driving.

:post-4641-1156693976:

That’s nothing new, he should’ve crashed just so to get some sense in  the skull and hopefully learn from it.

The ugly truth is that even tho they’re wrong, Thais would never go against their own race, just to put it lightly, it would seem that it’s easer to train animals than this species of hot headed fruit cakes beings who are totally careless towards anyone on the roads, they’re simply a public danger, no sense of responsabily or else this goes particularly for the minivan drivers, bus drivers, taxis and so on

What I find incredible is that the passenger is happy to stay in the vehicle whilst their life in endangered.

Anybody with a thought for their safety would ask the driver to stop (either the video or the car).

They are so afraid of upsetting someone else that they are prepared to die; truly amazing.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I see it in the USA all the time.  People put their "smart" phones on the dash.  They think they are trained fighter pilots and it is a heads up display (HUD). 

Smart phones are HDDs.

Heads Down Displays 

Why he did not stop this driver immediatly and get off the van , call police or file a report and these kind of drivers should never ever get a licence to work anymore neither a driver licence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the thai people have to stand up and stop things like that!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, stevenl said:

After filming for a few seconds he should have gotten out of the minivan. By staying he endangered himself.

Yep, the driver would've smashed him into pieces for street defamation

Had this on a bus from BKK to Sara Buri, driver had his tablet and was watching a movie on the steering wheel. Very heavy traffic so we were going slow, but still crazy. I filmed him with my iPad and then told my Thai wife to say something to the hostess person. The hostess then went to the driver and he stopped his tablet. I asked my wife what she said to her, she said, "I told her the farang was not happy with the driver." Which I thought was funny, but odd. But no Thai spoke up about this craziness.

Archived