PATTAYA to BURIRAM

mercman24

hi whats the best way to get there ( fly)  i checked out Pattaya airport it came up * no flights available*, was looking at bus from Jomtien to Suk ? airport ? then the free bus to Don Mueng, seems long winded and  would take hours just to get there, and advice/help appreciated

The distance on the road is about 430 km (6 to 7 hours by bus?).

With the hassle of getting to Don Mueang and getting from Buriram airport to the city this approach will not pay off in overall travel time.

So in this case a bus from Pattaya indeed seems the way to go.

There is thread about the same question but from 2010.

I hesitate to point to that.

A more or less serious tip:

go to an arbitrary beer bar, look for girl speaking decent English and ask her how to get to Buriram. High success rate.

4 hours ago, tso310 said:

You should really be posting in the Isaan forum

The Pattaya forum is still very responsive and the poster wants to start from there.

So I would vote for this. Let the mods decide.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just did a try with www.rome2rio.com.

It shows a quite long trip with the Yellow Bus (more than 8 hours).

And all night buses??

Let's the "taxi to Don Mueang and fly" look better?

No. The taxi from Pattaya to DM is expensive and a very time consuming journey . Plus check in times etc.  Pattaya airport bus. Train to Makasan. Bus to buriam

A nice esoteric route would be Air Asia U-Tapao to Ubon and then the train to Buriram. The o/p didn't say if it was Buriram town or just province. The one thing about the Yellow Bus is that it runs through Nang Rong, Phrakhon Chai and Prasat (Surin) which might be more convenient. I noticed that VIP seats are being quoted, as I've only seen double decker buses I assume this must be the downstairs part.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

A more or less serious tip:

go to an arbitrary beer bar, look for girl speaking decent English and ask her how to get to Buriram. High success rate.

They all use the Yellow Bus. I base this on sitting at Coffee Corner at Phrakhon Chai bus station and looking at the ladies, I assume, on the bus. Possibly a more pleasant on the eyes than the train.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an old topic ... but I am surprised no one mentioned Nakonchai Air Bus Line that runs multiple classes of service between Pattaya and Buriram.

There are day and night buses available ... which include a basic Thai meal, milk, water and a snack.  I think my last trips took about 6.5 hours, although it has stretched to 7.5 hours.  There are power outlets at every seat to keep your tablets/phone going.

I find it a boring trip, but armed with enough movies and a power cable, I'm usually ok.  My wife buys the tickets, so I don't remember the exact cost, but I know that I don't pay 1000baht round trip.  You need to go to the terminal, (preferably with a Thai speaker) to make reservations in advance and pay.

TIP:  As soon as you get on the bus, ask the attendant for a blanket.  

Archived