Video: Netizens swoon with praise for soldier making path for ambulance in Bangkok traffic

webfact

Video: Netizens swoon with praise for soldier making path for ambulance in Bangkok traffic

5pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that Thais online were heaping praise on a soldier who went out of his way to ensure that an ambulance with a sick person inside could get through the Bangkok traffic.

The unnamed air force man on a "big bike" was shown in four separate clips on Facebook making a path throughout a 15 kilometer journey from the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce to the Krung Thon bridge.

It was posted on the page of Nanbodin Changarwut who expressed their thanks for the help.

Manager called the soldier impressive and possessing a wonderful spirit in their headline.

They also noted that according to Article 76 of the Highway Code drivers are obliged to get out of the way of emergency vehicles or face a 500 baht fine.

Thaivisa notes that there have been several cases over the last year where people were caught on tape failing to do that incurring the wrath of social media.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-23

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Right, and what about all the other times where he's not there? to be fair, BKK traffic is so bad that even if people want to make way for the ambulance to pass, there nowhere to move the car to ...

Well, he's only one man..... One man cannot change everything...

But props to this dude for showing a lot of heart and empathy in the first place.

simple ,, all ambulances , firetrucks policecars etc , installed with a dashcam HD. with the extra that when the signaling is on it shows also on the video, after job is done all video footage to department to write down and fine all licenceplates that did not gave way money spend for dashcams and extra staff back in 2 weeks , after not long the public knows they cannot get away with it and will comply to the rules , also poit a cam to the rear for the jokers that chase the vehicles 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They also noted that according to Article 76 of the Highway Code drivers are obliged to get out of the way of emergency vehicles or face a 500 baht fine.

Yeah, well they're Thai drivers. What they are supposed to do, and what they actually do, ne'er the twain (nor brain) shall meet. Added to which the fine is typical of the ludicrous Thai government idea of what constitutes an appropriate financial penalty. 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Right, and what about all the other times where he's not there? to be fair, BKK traffic is so bad that even if people want to make way for the ambulance to pass, there nowhere to move the car to ...

They rarely do so where there is room. I've seen it. 

I heard that 25% of emergencies die in the Ambulance in BKK due to being unable to get to the Hospital in time.  You would think that with so many 'elites' living there, that this issue would have been fixed by now.  Same everywhere in Thailand - but really bad in BKK.  

30 minutes ago, nodomino said:

There is the small, electric air taxi. They are in operation in a few areas.  Seems to me to be worth some experimenting with them.

So you want the sky blackened with traffic jams as well?

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well that is obviously not fully true. Look what happens if some Super VIP is coming - the police is able to clear the whole street within a few moments (which is a real miracle in my eyes, but it proves it IS possible).

Anywhere in the world where people show respect to the vehicles with emergency signals there is a way to make sure they can pass, but if people are too selfish and think only about their own schedule, then you see those unfortunate pictures that are much too common.

4 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

I heard that 25% of emergencies die in the Ambulance in BKK due to being unable to get to the Hospital in time.  You would think that with so many 'elites' living there, that this issue would have been fixed by now.  Same everywhere in Thailand - but really bad in BKK.  

Yes it's amazing that they didn't start using helicopters instead of ambulances...or a combination of those 2.

Have just returned from visiting family in Thailand we had a hire car.  I had forgotten how bad the drivers are in Thailand, absolutly mad. I only wish I had a carcam because folk here can't beleave the stories I tell of out trip. High speed undertaking, weaving in and out the traffic at high speed, belting down the hard sholder, tailgatting the whole 9 yards of utter madness. 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:55 AM, webfact said:

Netizens swoon with praise for soldier making path for ambulance in Bangkok traffic

Now, all you need is a soldier helping an old lady across the road. Then you can have at least four more years of military rule.

Congratulations young man.

Setting a great example for those rude, ignorant pigs who fail to give way to emergency vehicles. They fail to understand that one day it MIGHT BE THEM in the back of an Ambo, in a Life and Death  race to Hospital.

Archived