Road rage caught on video : Top cop calls for "jai yen" as summons issued

webfact

Road rage caught on video : Top cop calls for "jai yen" as summons issued

4pm.jpg

A top policeman has called for the Thai public to cool down their road rage.

The statement comes after two men - probably drunk - were caught coming out of a pick-up to smash up a car's windscreen.

Deputy chief of Samut Sakorn police Pol Col Plat Wisetsingh admitted that there were a lot of incidents these days, things happen fast and one cannot be sure of the intentions of others - good or bad.

He advised the Thai public to keep their cool and display "jai yen" (literally heart cool), reported Daily News.

The video that was posted on the "Chayawat-aksorn" Facebook page was taken on a phone. It showed two men emerge from a pick-up.

Despite the wai-ing and apologies from the driver of a car his windscreen gets smashed and the assailants take off.

Earlier there had been a minor traffic problem between the two vehicles in Petchkasem Soi 77. But the pick-up would not let the matter rest and hounded the other car until forcing it to come to a stop.

The poster said that armbands on the assailants and their general behavior indicated they were drunk.

Pol Col Plat said that the force were aware of the registration of the vehicle and had issued a summons to the driver.

He said that he had promised to come in for a chat later yesterday.

The incident occurred just after 1am on Thursday.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

23 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

One day the cops will do what they do everywhere else in the world and go arrest the bloody fella.

Usually when invitations are issued, instead of arrest warrants, it concerns someone untouchable.

I get the popcorn out for the follow up story, where get revealed that the driver is the son of a high ranked policeman.

Are the BIB going to fine this car driver for having a loud exhaust?

My experience with these loud cars is they want to be seen and heard

and maybe this time they met a few equals and usually this has a violent outcome.I could be wrong?

These wild selfish and arrogant entities  should never allowed to be on the wheels, especially these prick up indigenous  being who won’t miss an opportunity to attack you when they’re in company of others . As for the cops they aren’t deign to be called as such, useless like the rest of them ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, jvs said:

Are the BIB going to fine this car driver for having a loud exhaust?

My experience with these loud cars is they want to be seen and heard

and maybe this time they met a few equals and usually this has a violent outcome.I could be wrong?

Was that the reason the guys windscreen was smashed, his car had a loud exhaust? I must have missed something. If that was the case then I have no sympathy for him. If there is one thing I hate, it is cars or motorbikes with loud exhausts.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, webfact said:

A top policeman has called for the Thai public to cool down their road rage.

The statement comes after two men - probably drunk - were caught coming out of a pick-up to smash up a car's windscreen.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, webfact said:

He advised the Thai public to keep their cool and display "jai yen" (literally heart cool),

Nothing about don't drinking and driving 

Thailand is so double moral country 

their will never learn to behave nice in traffic 

Archived