MacAulay Culkin contracted stomach worm after trip to Thailand

webfact

MacAulay Culkin contracted stomach worm after trip to Thailand

ch.jpg

MacAulay Culkin//video screenshot

Home Alone actor MacAulay Culkin has revealed how he became seriously ill following a recent trip to Thailand.

Speaking on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, MacAulay said how he was in Thailand working on a movie with friend Seth Green, when he caught a stomach worm.

He said he became ill after staying in a beach bungalow on Koh Phi Phi and blamed contact with a cat as the source of the worm.

MacAulay explained that when he arrived at the bungalow this cat just turned up and being a cat lover, he let it stay at the bungalow and even sleep with him in his bed.

The actor said he only realised he had the worm after he had returned to the United States where he said he had “a lot of fatigue” and that his bowel movements “weren’t all that great”.

He said his condition became so bad he was sleeping twenty hours a day and would only wake up to go to the bathroom.

According to health site WebMD there are a number of worms or intestinal parasites that humans can catch from cats.

Amongst the most common are hookworm and roundworm, the symptoms of which include chronic fatigue, nausea and diarrhea and which if untreated can lead to serious health problems including blindness.

Also in the interview, a healthy looking MacAulay Culkin revealed how he is dating US actress Brenda Song, who he said is of Thai-Laotian origin.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

Welcome to the third-world country called Thailand.  Intestinal worms are a fact of life.  Unless he was 'tonguing' the cat I doubt that is the source of worms.  It's easy enough to pick up worm eggs and larvae though contaminated food or water and just by putting your unwashed hands in your mouth.  Taking albendazole once every 6 months to a year is simply smart.  And taking it before returning home is too.  200 mg of albendazole is about $1 over-the-counter here in Thailand and the drug is readily available.  Once back in the US it's a trip to the doctor and if the doctor is perceptive enough to identify a case of tropical worm infection, the the relatively rare 'tropical' medication can cost anywhere from $50 to $800 (look it up, I kid you not). 
Worms are prevalent here but no big deal if you take precautions.
"The cat gave me worms!"  Yeah, ok.  :clap2:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Also in the interview, a healthy looking MacAulay Culkin revealed how he is dating US actress Brenda Song, 

“This one’s a good one, so I’m probably going to put some babies in her in a little bit,” he said, laughing. “I mean, we’ve definitely been practicing.”

Classy MacAulay, real classy...

https://people.com/movies/macaulay-culkin-brenda-song-paris-after-babies-comments/amp/

Oh dear, such petty bitchiness, and unfunny comments.

And from some of the usually more erudite among us too. 

Bet none of you could score Belinda even if she was blind drunk and hogtied to your beds.

There, thats my contribution to the circle-jerk. 555

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

Bet none of you could score Belinda even if she was blind drunk and hogtied to your beds.

Who the <deleted> is belinda? 

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

Neither could MacAuley if his bank balance was the same as mine.

Seems he's good with cats though.

2 hours ago, connda said:

Welcome to the third-world country called Thailand.  Intestinal worms are a fact of life.  Unless he was 'tonguing' the cat I doubt that is the source of worms.  It's easy enough to pick up worm eggs and larvae though contaminated food or water and just by putting your unwashed hands in your mouth.  Taking albendazole once every 6 months to a year is simply smart.  And taking it before returning home is too.  200 mg of albendazole is about $1 over-the-counter here in Thailand and the drug is readily available.  Once back in the US it's a trip to the doctor and if the doctor is perceptive enough to identify a case of tropical worm infection, the the relatively rare 'tropical' medication can cost anywhere from $50 to $800 (look it up, I kid you not). 
Worms are prevalent here but no big deal if you take precautions.
"The cat gave me worms!"  Yeah, ok.  :clap2:

What is the rate of infestation? 

Personally I am very much against the idea of popping pills - half the Western world seems to be on constant medication - statins etc. 

Albendazole has some scary side effects . 

Archived