MacAulay Culkin contracted stomach worm after trip to Thailand

webfact

Say what you want, but this is a great cautionary tale for anyone living or traveling in the tropics.  If you don't feel right, get checked out and make sure they look for parasites. 

I'm not so sure about treating yourself "just in case" with albendazole, because you may think you're all good, but still have the parasites.  Tough cases can take days and weeks of treatment.  Better to know what you have and make sure they get them all, than take a pill or 3 and count on luck.  I'm not saying it's a bad idea to take some every 6-12 months.  Just don't dismiss the possibility you need more treatment.

28 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Neither could MacAuley if his bank balance was the same as mine.

Seems he's good with cats though.

OK I won't worm my way out of it,

that's the point I was making.

He's crying all the way to the bank,

and as much pussy in bed as he can handle.

• Haha 1

Nooooooo!

Really!

I do not believe it!!!

But hang on, just look at the filthy conditions, dirty nails, unhealthy locations, but it is OK, because Thai food is the best in the world!!!!

I'll pin that thought !

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Very few earthworms anyway due to the massive amounts of pesticides and herbicides used.

Regular earthworms you want.... they're good for the soil.   It's other worms like hookworms and pinworms and  roundworms and tapeworms that you don't want. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

This is just news so Thailand can bragg about a famous person coming to the country. Sounds like an article you'd read on the Onion. 

The thing is Thailand isn't making this news, Thaivisa is and Thaivisa is a million miles away from representing anything, never mind this country.

Edited by Just Weird

3 hours ago, peterb17 said:

What is the rate of infestation? 

Personally I am very much against the idea of popping pills - half the Western world seems to be on constant medication - statins etc. 

Albendazole has some scary side effects . 

Don't worry, conda is probably one of the many qualified medical professionals that post here, he wouldn't prescribe drugs anonymously if he didn't know what he was talking about.

5 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

This is just news so Thailand can bragg about a famous person coming to the country. Sounds like an article you'd read on the Onion. 

Sorry, I don't understand. Who's the ' "famous" person'?

18 hours ago, BobbyL said:

What kind of a numpty allows a stray cat to live and sleep in their room / bed?

There are some absolute clowns around. 

yeah you wouldnt leave him home alone thats for sure

I got a stomach worm from eating chicken meat that was dropped from the spit it was

on, to the tray beneath. I was not watching the sandwich maker so did not see it happen.

A guy next to me that was also waiting did see it, but never said a word until I had eaten

2 bites. When he had noticed that I was the one that had the sandwich, he said sorry, I did

not know that that sandwich was yours , but the guy making the sandwich dropped a piece

of the meat onto the tray. I checked the guy and he shrugged as I had already paid him.

I threw the rest of the sandwich at him, and lucky me as a tourist police had just walked up

and was about to order a sandwich as well. When he heard what the sandwich maker did, he made the guy

give me my money back and 500 baht extra, he made the maker do 2 more sandwiches for him and the guy who was waiting next to me,  then he shut down the business for the rest of the

night . It made my night even though I got quite sick until I got pills from my doctor in Canada 3 days later.

That is one of my negative memories of a BKK visit 15 years ago.

Geezer

17 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Does anyone even remember this guy? The last I heard, he had become drunken bum living on L.A's downtown skid row.

I think you were misinformed.

At 38 years old (his birthday is tomorrow Aug 26) he is still cruising on a movie he made 30 years ago even though he's been making B  movies ever since with a 9 year hiatus in the late nineties.. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000346/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2