Tourist Visa UK for Student

My partner and I were thinking of making a trip to the UK for a couple of weeks next year.  We went there 5 years ago and had no problem getting him a visa.  However, at the time he was working.  He's now in his 3rd year of studying for a Ph.D..  Is this likely to be a problem? If so, we won't bother wasting time, effort and money applying.

He ticks all the other boxes:  plenty of savings, own house, family here, track record of travelling abroad and returning to Thailand.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Providing that he has evidence that he will continue his studies on his return it should be an issue, especially if his holiday is during a break from formal studies.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure how he would would provide actual evidence that his studies will continue.

And the trip won't coincide with a break from formal studies.  The third year is spent writing academic papers and a dissertation - not attending class.  There's no actual schedule.

Just include that writing papers and dissertation allow freedom to take a holiday at will. It is quite normal for PhD level students not to attend classes as such. 

Centre on the own house, family and previous good record of complying with visas.

Demonstrate that the centre of life is Thailand, financial resources for the visit are there and mention the purpose of the visit and hopefully things will be fine.

If any formal studying is planned it may complicate matters.

Archived