collecting passenger from airport with my own car, where to park please

I will be collecting my daughter from Suvarnabhumi  airport, what is the procedure on collecting her with my own car.

Where to park, is there a parking charge, where do I collect her from, any one have any experience of this. 

Or is just as easy to get The  Airport bus to Pattaya.

Thank you Tom

The short term car park is right across from the terminal with a walkway to the terminal level BETWEEN arrivals and departures.  Last time I used it there was a 25bt minimum charge (up to, I think, 1 or 2 hours), but it's probably a bit more now.

I've arranged to meet my family just inside the terminal by the walkway from the  car-park, where you can get a good view down to the arrivals hall.  IIRC it's above arrivals exit 8.  Trying to meet at the so-called meeting point is bedlam.

Picking up outside arrivals can also be a bit hectic, especially if the police are continually moving cars on, but it works providing they can let you know when they're actually outside waiting. 

I'll be in the same situation next month.  Not picked up anyone at arrivals before.  I fly in the night before, head to a nearby hotel in a rental car, then return the next morning to pick up my party at the airport.   They won't be dragging much baggage, and I don't mind circling a few times.    This should be on a Sunday morning, around 10 am.    Is the arrival pickup  area marked sufficiently?   I'm hoping to do a 'swoop and scoop' and get out of there.  (we're heading south)

6 hours ago, petesc55 said:

I'll be in the same situation next month.  Not picked up anyone at arrivals before.  I fly in the night before, head to a nearby hotel in a rental car, then return the next morning to pick up my party at the airport.   They won't be dragging much baggage, and I don't mind circling a few times.    This should be on a Sunday morning, around 10 am.    Is the arrival pickup  area marked sufficiently?   I'm hoping to do a 'swoop and scoop' and get out of there.  (we're heading south)

There are huge overhead signs, one departure the other arrival, follow arrival. Each gate has the name of the aircraft company ie Emirates.

You can do one of two things.

1) Keep circling until your arriving party exits the doors at arrival. Agree on a pre-determined exit door to meet you at (i.e. across from door #5). You cannot drive into the 'arrivals road' next to the terminal where the AOT Limos & taxi's etc queue / park... the public pickup is across from this. 

2) The surefire way of ensuring convenient pickup for your party is to use the short stay car park - I can't remember the prices but its not expensive and most people picking someone up will use this.

Just rock up at the airport, you can enter the short stay car park at both the top level and bottom. There are usually plenty of spaces but you'll likely have a small walk to the bridge across to the terminal.

Due to early / late arrivals having phone contact for SMS / WhatsApp messaging is extremely useful. 

Note: if trying to 'swoop' & pickup you can't stop and hang around for 5mins, you will get whistled at (the guards love their whistles) and asked to drive around again - they are quite strict about this. 

My Wife and I rely on my Brother in Law to pick us up whenever we arrive (in our car which has a child seat). We'll message him after landing to ensure he's on his way to the airport, and once our bags have been collected we'll message him again to let him know we're on our way out, then meet him across the road from door #5 - quite efficient and quick made much more so by messaging. 

I always use the car park or is that too difficult a place to park your car ? Then walk to the arrivals hall to greet your daughter and then help her with her luggage back to your car ?     It works for me and 100,000's of other people.

One of the people I'll be picking up is a double amputee who gets around pretty well, but I'd still prefer to pick them up at the curb. (Walks well, won't have wheelchair)    The circling option is not a problem, and didn't expect to park and wait at the pickup area.   The only place I've driven to at the airport is the area you drop rental cars off or pick them up which seemed to be some sort of pickup area, but probably not the public one.  (But crowded as hell) 

Archived