Phuket tourists charged for public annoyance

webfact

Phuket tourists charged for public annoyance

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

39941075_2122374198010616_87456087911998

PHOTOS: Tourist Police/Newshawk

The Phuket Tourist Police yesterday (Thursday) arrested two tourists at a Phuket market after begging for donations so they could continue their travelling.

The Phuket Tourist police and the Phuket City Police found the two tourists at the Boat Plaza Market in Samkong yesterday (August 23) – a 21 year old Ukrainian man and a 30 year old Russian man.

The two tourists were sitting on the ground with a message scribbled on cardboard stating that they have been traveling in Asia for 15 months.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-tourists-charged-for-public-annoyance

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-24

Sublime.... as far as annoying acts go... I just can’t see it.

No noisy busking or canned music....  a youth was shot dead last week, for not turning the music down... now that must have been annoying.

using minimal sidewalk space, unlike annoying roadside vendors.

annoying is a part of life in the kingdom... but how is this “annoying”?

that said.... it’s a pretty poor show on the russki’s part. If you want to travel for 15 months, you should be able to fund that travel, or tailor your travels to your funds vs relying on begging to make do

lol.... and just in case.... there’s nothing wrong with my sense of adventure. It’s always been extensively exercised, and well funded....

adventure usually costs money, after all.... unless you see begging as an adventure. 

So.... if they cannot support themselves, deliver them unto their embassy and begone you annoying tourist.

15 months bumming around and you expect strangers to pay for you, some people are unbelievable. maybe you should go home and get back to work and save some money for next time like most self respecting travellers. jesus not even a song. give us a song at least, just a chorus even. nah forget it, do one you scrounging parasites

No sign of a damaged 'bike, crash helmets, 'biker clothing (jackets, boots, etc.), and no marks to show injuries from crash.  No confirmation in report of where and when there was a crash, just accepted their word it had happened.  Never give to itinerants because it reinforces their scam.

'nuf sed

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, lust said:

I worked my ass of to get here. Hope this is just the beginning for these deadbeats and others like them. 

Me too.  Nothing wrong with begging, but don't expect a lot of sympathy or support from me because you want to be lazy and hang out on vacation!  Prepare to suffer the consequences.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:47 PM, farcanell said:

Sublime.... as far as annoying acts go... I just can’t see it.

No noisy busking or canned music....  a youth was shot dead last week, for not turning the music down... now that must have been annoying.

using minimal sidewalk space, unlike annoying roadside vendors.

annoying is a part of life in the kingdom... but how is this “annoying”?

that said.... it’s a pretty poor show on the russki’s part. If you want to travel for 15 months, you should be able to fund that travel, or tailor your travels to your funds vs relying on begging to make do

lol.... and just in case.... there’s nothing wrong with my sense of adventure. It’s always been extensively exercised, and well funded....

adventure usually costs money, after all.... unless you see begging as an adventure. 

So.... if they cannot support themselves, deliver them unto their embassy and begone you annoying tourist.

Most Embassy's will not buy miscreants a ticket home anymore, those days are over I think

On 8/24/2018 at 3:45 PM, Phuketshrew said:

They probably came here in search of paradise but after 15 months they still haven't found it yet.

The moron deadbeats have all watched the movie The Beach too many times and heard of a traveler paradise of full moon parties and cheap beer/drugs/accommodation etc...so, I guess here is on their silly deluded "bucket list" of places to go now (gone are the good old days and stories that made many westerners come). Then they got here, flaked-it-out and realised it's actually an expensive and dangerous tourist trap everywhere they want go, plus they probably blew all the pitiful amount of Baht they brought with them...and on top of that had little idea a military junta is calling the shots on everything, including the ever tighter regs on visas/fun, not to mention the tsunami of Indians and Chinese now appearing. Not what you thought, is it kiddies? 

The deal here is good for those with the resources plus nous and the positives do outweigh the negatives still...but it is nowhere near the deal it used to be. Gone are the days that made here the paradise so many fell in love with. 

Archived