Bali Hai official caught on video taking bribe

Rimmer

Bali Hai official caught on video taking bribe

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Pattaya City Hall official is under investigation for demanding a bribe from a littering tourist after being caught red-handed on video at Bali Hai Pier.

In the video clip posted to various Facebook pages, the unnamed Special Operations Unit commander in charge of Bali Hai is seen taking telling a tourist to pay him 1,000 baht for littering near the South Pattaya Pier. He then pockets the money without issuing a receipt.

Komkrit Pollavichid, speaking for the head of the Special Operation Unit, said tourists must pay fines at city hall only and the money goes into the city treasury. In this case, the money was divvied up amongst the official’s coworkers.

A review board has been given the case and, if found guilty, the officer can be suspended or fired.

Read more:

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/bali-hai-official-caught-video-taking-bribe-219913

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-08-25

7 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

the unnamed Special Operations Unit commander in charge of Bali Hai is seen taking telling a tourist to pay him 1,000 baht for littering near the South Pattaya Pier. 

Special Extortion Unit more like ..

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

If found guilty? There is an “ if”?

Of course. He will have the option to bribe the investigative panel, who upon receipt of a fair percentage will absolve him of all wrongdoing, and then they too get their cut, keeping everyone happy. Fleecing of tourists is an essential part of the economy after all.

Seems everyone has missed the worst part of it;

Mayor Anan Charoenchasri said the incident smeared Pattaya’s image, but defended the officer, claiming he told the tourist to pay the fine at city hall but the tourist wanted to pay on the spot. Fines for littering go as high as 20,000 baht, he added.

Apart from this, if it were true that the officer told the tourist that he could pay at City Hall, that would mean that he had already issued a ticket. Did he? I don't think so.

Also, if the tourist wanted to pay on the spot, why didn't he pay the full 2,000 baht?

The officer could then take the ticket and 2000 baht to City Hall and explain the circumstance.

Possibly, if he did tell the tourist anything, it was that the fine at City Hall could be xxxx+ baht (we know that maximum fine is actually 2000 baht) but he could pay 1000 baht without further ado.....and that is putting the best possible spin on it.

If the man at the top is actually defending that behaviour, that is most concerning.

Truth is that this is not unusual behaviour at all. I've had one of these cretins ask me "What you give me?" in the past. I just laughed at him.

If I told you the full story, you would laugh your heads off. Let's just state that he and his cronies retreated with their tails between their legs.

Extortion, pure and simple. 

10 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

You can find it on the StickBoy website dated the 19th of August. 

Found it . And the video was first posted on WelovePattaya Facebook group.  

I gotta be honest. I can't can't understand why every policeman does not have a "copy"

receipt book. Hand out a phony receipt, pocket the money. Simple, you just can't be

lazy in issuing the receipts. Alternate giving out tickets with the real receipt and turn

that money in. Just remember, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. 

Archived