Ban Phu Nam Ron Border Kanchanaburi

Hello All,

I need to leave the country before 5th Sept as I hold a Non O (Thai wife) visa, is it still only passport required and 950 THB at Ban Phu Nam Ron Kanchanaburi?

BTW, I know this border is about 4 hours from BKK but is this crossing the only one within about 6 hours driving from BKK as I may stay 1 night if another location.

Thank you.

• Like 1

No changes at the crossing.

It is the nearest crossing to Bangkok. About 3 to 4 hours from Bangkok according to Google maps.

Map is here: https://goo.gl/maps/79iXkBLes3P2

The next nearest crossing is to Cambodia at Aranyaprathet to Poipet but you might be turned away or be denied entry there using your non-o visa according to recent reports.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes at the crossing.

It is the nearest crossing to Bangkok. About 3 to 4 hours from Bangkok according to Google maps.

Map is here: https://goo.gl/maps/79iXkBLes3P2

The next nearest crossing is to Cambodia at Aranyaprathet to Poipet but you might be turned away or be denied entry there using your non-o visa according to recent reports.

Are you sure that 2 chanthaburi borders are not closer ?

9 hours ago, gaff said:

Are you sure that 2 chanthaburi borders are not closer ?

Yes I am.

From Bangkok it is little closer to the Aran/Poipet crossing and a lot closer than the Ban Laem and Ban PaK Kard (Palin) crossings in Chanthaburi.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, james.d said:

Thank you Gents, I shall stick to Ban Phu Nam then.

Thanks again.

Been there many times. No hotels or town there just a border checkpoint. Nearest hotels back in Kanchanaburi, 50 minutes drive away.

Drive from west Bangkok takes about 3 hours so allow 4 hours you live on the east side.

There is another thread on this topic with more details.

• Like 1

For what its worth, I did the Thai wife Non O border hop at Ban Phu Nam Ron yesterday, and now pay 960 THB and get a new TM6 card before exiting Thailand. Previous time I paid in the small restaurant after exit stamp.

For sure the most friendly Immigration officers I have ever met.