Warning to electricity users: Don't fall for fraudsters collecting bill money at your door

webfact

Warning to electricity users: Don't fall for fraudsters collecting bill money at your door

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Thai electrical generating authority has warned customers not to be conned by fraudsters arriving at their doors demanding payment for unpaid bills.

The authority has stated that there is no such service to pay outstanding bills at home. People should go to their local electricity office, use online payment options or counter service at convenience stores or supermarkets.

Daily News reported that there has been cases of bogus officials arriving with bills and cut-off threats to frighten customers into parting with money on the spot. Sometimes these are accompanied by people offering air-conditioning cleaning services as well.

There were no details in the report as to where specifically these cases had occurred.

People can call their local police or the electric authorities on 1130 24 hours a day if they suspect they are being conned.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-30

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The authority has stated that there is no such service to pay outstanding bills at home.

In the 29 years that we have had a house here, we have never received a bill through the post, they are always delivered by hand and we pay on the spot.

7 minutes ago, Chassa said:

The beautiful lady always collected my electric money  for 5 years - no problem.

Up until a few months the fee was collected at the gate by a guy on the motorbike.

Never a problem and always nice and polite, often rounding down a few Baht.

Now modern times have arrived.

Paying via mobile phone app.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Up until a few months the fee was collected at the gate by a guy on the motorbike.

Never a problem and always nice and polite, often rounding down a few Baht.

Now modern times have arrived.

Paying via mobile phone app.

If I'm home when the lady calls it's a wai and a smile, if the wife is here they usually chat for 10 minutes. Think I prefer that to a mobile app to be honest, modern technology is killing off human interaction and putting people like the bill-collecting lady out of jobs. 

I get some guy read the meter and a genuine bill comes out of his hand held machine which is then popped in my letter box (true that he is somewhat elusive). I then pay it down the PEA office in the local mall or at 7-11. We used to get an informal estate bill, which was obviously printed out on someone's office printer, but that was for water/security/garbage collection etc...even that though, is now paid direct on the estate Line group from the wife's phone. Never had anyone collecting the electricity bill on the door step and would be highly suspicious of it if someone tried it on.

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

If I'm home when the lady calls it's a wai and a smile, if the wife is here they usually chat for 10 minutes. Think I prefer that to a mobile app to be honest, modern technology is killing off human interaction and putting people like the bill-collecting lady out of jobs. 

How about we all use the app and you just hire some lady to come by your house for a chat on a weekly basis? 15 minutes for 50 baht sounds about right.

Archived