Pond aeration systems

chilidog

Hello,

I was looking for any information on low cost aeration systems. I do not want paddle wheels more of the DYI compressed air ideas. I read

somewhere that someone had used the idea from Nam Sai farms, but I can not find any information.

Thanks for your help

I use my 3" sullage pump and hoses in a pond of about 600sq metres. The water output does a good job of aerating the surface with 4-5000 litres per hour. Of course the water is aerated by the pump and hoses as well. I can move the pump and hoses around the pond. If you have a pump and hoses, give it a try. Just the cost of running the pump. 

27 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

I use my 3" sullage pump and hoses in a pond of about 600sq metres. The water output does a good job of aerating the surface with 4-5000 litres per hour.

how many horsepowers or kWh?

At the moment I am using 100 watt pump made by Mitsubishi so it is a oil filled sump pump. My idea is that

if I can suck from the bottom and put it on top it would aerate the pond as well as get the ammonia to the

top to evaporate off. It runs for 5 hours a day and I have grid tie in solar panels to off set the power usage.  I plan

on bringing in 7 more ponds and was wandering if what I am doing is the best option for multiple ponds. I did resurch

using a side channel blower system but the expense of setting it up is up there. I also understand the risk of running and oil filled sump pump and am ok with it. I was more interested in different ideas that would work well and not use as much power. 

I have 18, 330w solar panels to a 5k inverter installed to off set the electric side and another 10 to install later. I did investigate using solar pumps and found I would be better off in the long run  with a grid tie in system than each pump have its own solar panel. The other thing is with an air stone in a 20x20x1 meter pond would not be sufficient water movement. The idea is to get the stuff off the bottom to the top when you have aquatic animals that produce a lot of ammonia. 

Archived