Bangkok bus firms in hot water after drivers shut down traffic

webfact

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

It never ceases to amaze me how Thais put their prerogatives in the wrong place, and how little dissuasive the laws are here. Suspended 15 days is nothing and a 5000 bht fine for each is laughable at best.

But if the very recent poles are to be believed the locals don't want any increase in fines / punishments. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, a977 said:

Ah ha! the old me first trick again!!!!!!

In Asia the "Me First" attitude seems to be the influence that drives the daily lives of most Asians with the Thais showing of this impolite behavior is head and shoulders above all the rest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

909442d369df6e33621c049d24913cb3.jpeg

Photo from: Twitter's @kungBKP

The drivers of two Bangkok buses that brought traffic to a halt in front of Central Lat Phrao mall on Saturday have been suspended from duty for 15 days.

Me first caption of the day :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

It never ceases to amaze me how Thais put their prerogatives in the wrong place, and how little dissuasive the laws are here. Suspended 15 days is nothing and a 5000 bht fine for each is laughable at best.

I can't see any confirmation for "a 5.000 baht fine for each" as I read it the 5.000 baht fine is for the company. Hopefully the company will deduct it from their wages. 

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Is that a bus stop the the pink bus is waiting at and the blue bus is maybe trying to go around him?

It is. It's the connection for Phahonyothin Rd. to Ladprao Rd.. The problem is that some bus drivers park off and wait for the bus to be full (sometimes 5min) and so cars and other buses try to go around. In this case it looks like the blue pass was passing but then Pinky decided that it was time to go too.

• Like 1