Converting Thb To Usd

aussiestyle1983

Just wondering when would be the best time and where would be the best place to convert THB to USD in Bangkok?

Would now be a good time to buy USD or do you think the USD will fall lower to the THB?

Where is a good place in BKK that gives a good rate?

Thanks in advance.................

Vasu Travel, Indian travel agent at the mouth of soi 7/1 sukhumvit. (maybe its soi 9 Sukhumvit)

there is a big money changing operation in the back. better rates than the banks, certainly. looks kinda shady, but it is straight up. Somtimes see people exchanging up to 1million baht

Also, any bank will do it for you too....unless you've got alot of money to convert then its probably not worth the bus time and expense to go someplace special....the amount extra you will get from a specialty place is probably only 1% or maybe even less ......I don't really know for sure....I'd ask if anyone has checked the actual spread but it would probably just end in an arguement and accusations of lieing....so I won't.

Chownah

The original poster reminds me of my ex-wife - used to travel all over town to find which supermarket had the cheapest. The time wasted and petrol used far outweighed the saving. Now if you were thinking of changing about 5 million Baht then it is a different matter.It's not worth the messing about to try and squeeze every last satang out of the deal.

Just wondering when would be the best time and where would be the best place to convert THB to USD in Bangkok?

Would now be a good time to buy USD or do you think the USD will fall lower to the THB?

Where is a good place in BKK that gives a good rate?

Thanks in advance.................

Any bank in BKK,anyway what is a good rate?

The original poster reminds me of my ex-wife - used to travel all over town to find which supermarket had the cheapest. The time wasted and petrol used far outweighed the saving. Now if you were thinking of changing about 5 million Baht then it is a different matter.It's not worth the messing about to try and squeeze every last satang out of the deal.

Had your ex-wife heard of a thing called the telephone? anyway, you were the one who married her :o

I only want about 8K USD, but I though it wouldnt hurt to ask here on a public forum so I wouldn't have to waste my time and money going all over BKK on a bus or in a tuk-tuk just to get the extra five dollars that I need so desperatly............... :D

Go to Pratunam and on the main bus line that runs up to what used to be called the World Trade Center there is a hotel called Intra (I think there is a sign in English) and right across the street is a money change store called Tim Me. My Bangkok friends always said that they had the best rates...maybe a more convenient location than the other place mentined above....for 8K US $ its probably worth a little effort to get a good rate.

Chownah

Vasu, Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 and SuperRich, off Ratchadamri Road (same side as Big C, walk past there, look for Dragon Seafood, take a right, SuperRich is down the block on the left) always get high marks from posters here for rates and service. Definitely worth it to go to one of these for the amount mentioned.

Like chownah I have been told about - Tim Me - Though they dont post the rates outside.

I did change some money a few days ago, at Siam Exchange (http://www.siamexchange.co.th)

422/3 Pathumwan Intersection, Wangmai, Payathai Rd., BKK 10330 (Nr MBK).

From National Staduim BTS, go to the walkway exit where the building works are, then walk towards Phaya Thai BTS, 50M on left.

Changes ALL major currencies, to and from Baht.