Where to buy hot water bottle or similar in Chiang Mai

narkeddiver

My wife has hurt her back and the doctor has advised applying heat to it

I was thinking a hot water bottle would so the trick although I’m not sure they’d be available in Chiang Mai

In the past I’ve also used a cloth roll full of some type of beads that you could heat in the microwave but I don’t know where or if they would be available in Chiang Mai

Failing that I’m open to other similar suggestions 

Thanks in advance

I would recommend a late afternoon trip to the San Kampeng Hotsprings... Take your swimsuits and go to the pool... more specifically have her go and sit in the hot basins... They have a men’s and women’s huts with bathtubs (Basins)... for her to soak in really hot water of the basins... or you could do the slightly more expensive private hut ( Which is like a short stay motel... but This may not be what the doctor ordered ?... )... After the hot basin lounge In the pool also they have cheap foot massages by the pool... On the way home stop at Kumpa Steak House ;-)...

San Khamphaeng Hot Springs
Ban Sa Ha Khon, Mae On District, Chiang Mai 50130
053 037 101
https://goo.gl/maps/W8c5t3KV5n22

2BBFB63C-C5D3-426A-A736-5DEB9AD91E3A.jpeg

784712F0-B9EC-4238-9A05-6B8228C69F55.jpeg

470BD0D6-4A73-4EBA-AC96-739456AAB258.jpeg

27 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Gel packs that you plug-in and heat up and stay warm for about 30-40 minutes are great. We got ours at Amorn - of all places. Works great and has lasted years.

Do you have a pic of these plugin gel pack?... Never seen and would be interested in them

14 hours ago, elektrified said:

My wife told me today that she has tried to buy more of these at Amorn but apparently it was a one time deal where they got a good price on some pallets of them and after they sold out, that was the end. She said they have them on Lazada for about 350 Baht, free shipping.  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/heat-bag-29-29cm-blue-electric-thermal-therapy-hot-gel-heating-pad-i100156334-s100186356.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.771f6bfeb4dlh5&search=1

On 9/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, elektrified said:

My wife told me today that she has tried to buy more of these at Amorn but apparently it was a one time deal where they got a good price on some pallets of them and after they sold out, that was the end. She said they have them on Lazada for about 350 Baht, free shipping.  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/heat-bag-29-29cm-blue-electric-thermal-therapy-hot-gel-heating-pad-i100156334-s100186356.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.771f6bfeb4dlh5&search=1

Unfortunately I did not see this post until today. No one knew what I was talking about at the Amorn off of Hang Dong Road yesterday. That will teach me not to fall behind on topics like this.

Archived