Renewal submission time.

I need some clarification please. 

My Non-Immigrant  O-A Visa expires on 17th October 2018.

I am scheduled to return to Thailand on 3rd October 2018. 

The soonest I will be able to tender my documents for renewal is 5th October. 

I have just noticed having prepared my documents that the documents need to be submitted at least 15 days prior to Visa Expiration.

Any information will be appreciated, thank you. Roymac.

I assume you are asking about renewing a 1 year extension of stay (not a non O’-A’ visa) that is expiring on October 17th.

There is no 15 day rule. You can apply anytime on or before October 17th. The 5th will be no problem.

Your post is confusing.

If indeed you have a Non Imm O-A Visa that expires on Oct 17th 2018 (it would have been issued 18th Oct 2017) then you will receive permission to stay for 1 year.

If your on an extension of permission to stay from an original Non Imm O-A Visa entry, then you can apply for an new extension up to 30 days prior to it's expiry.

The 15 day rule only applies to those entering Visa exempt or on a Tourist Visa and need to apply for a Non Imm stamp (conversion process)as a prelude to obtaining an extension.

Edited by Tanoshi

Taking literally what you have said at face value, there is nothing for you to renew on 5th October as far as I am concerned. You will be admitted to Thailand for a further year until 2nd October 2019 on the basis that the full-page non-immigrant OA visa sticker issued by a Royal Thai Embassy or official consulate abroad and affixed to your passport (to which, I assume, you are referring) will still be valid when you re-enter Thailand on 3rd October 2018.

You will need to start applying for annual retirement extensions of stay at your local immigration office from October 2019. In the case of most immigration offices this will be possible within 30 days of the latest permission to stay expiring (i.e. from 2nd September 2019 in your case).

However, should you be planning to make any futher excursions to foreign parts between 3rd October 2018 and 2nd October 2019, you will need to obtain a re-entry permit so as to preserve your 2nd October 2019 permission to stay expiry date. Failure to do this would mean that you would only receive the standard 30-day visa-exempt permission to stay upon your return to Thailand.