Trump hits CNN and NBC, urges 'look at their license'- tweet

webfact

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Someone's getting their news from WCRZ, Crazytown's News Leader.

August 2018 Ratings: CNN Has Its Second-Best August Ever

First, it ranked as a top 10 basic cable network in total viewers, during prime time and across the 24-hour day.

Second, CNN defeated MSNBC this past month in adults 25-54. That’s not out of the ordinary across the 24-hour day, but it is out of the ordinary in prime time.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/august-2018-ratings-cnn-has-its-second-best-august-ever/375239

He [Brian Stelter] linked to an article on TVNewser, the website he once ran, touting CNN’s ratings successes in August. The network notched its second best August ever, and defeated MSNBC in the prime time demo. The network did, however, post double-digit declines in prime time and total day viewers compared to August 2017.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/brian-stelter-hits-back-at-sarah-sanders-over-attack-on-cnns-ratings/

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A CNN legal analyst; I had to do an internet search on the name because I'd never heard of him.  He expressed an opinion on a topic he clearly was not well informed about.  Trump does that all the time.

Now you've extrapolated this insignificant misstatement into a conspiracy about CNN  attempting to promote a race war.  I can see why you're a Trump supporter.

Is that all you've got?  It doesn't compare to Trump promoting the Obama birther issue, or his paranoid claims about wiretaps, illegal voters, being spied upon, etc.  

I never said anything about them wanting to start a race war. You dont need a race war to destroy the country, the democrats have plenty of other ways of doing that and they're extremely good at it.

You're very good at putting words in my mouth I guess it's because you really have nothing of substance to add so you need to make up things for me so you can attack them and feel better about yourself ?

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

You think CNN should promote a new presidential candidate? 

This is CNN, a real news network.  Its not Fox.  CNN reports news, it doesn't make it, or make it up.

It's de-promoting one, why not promote one. You know, like , "today Jerry Seinfeld has invested all his money into running for the presidency, and he ensures all Americans that by 2030 no child shall live in the USA without a smile on their face and peanuts on planes will be handed out free one by one.

I watch Fox and think it's fair albeit obviously pro Trump I've seen some of CNN , obviously anti Trump and eventually decided I'd rather listen to my old Madonna CDs

3 hours ago, underlordcthulhu said:

Let's start with the latest lie coming from CNN's Jeffrey Toobin claiming that Antifa is a black organization. Everyone and their mama knows antifa is whiter than snow.

I can't speak for everyone else but maybe the reason why you don't see these comments on bogus stories from the same legacy media is because they get deleted when we do? That's been my experience at least when I've exposed their lies.

You can't even report Toobin's error correctly. What he said was Antifa is widely perceived as a black organization not that it is a black organization. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stud858 said:

It's de-promoting one, why not promote one. You know, like , "today Jerry Seinfeld has invested all his money into running for the presidency, and he ensures all Americans that by 2030 no child shall live in the USA without a smile on their face and peanuts on planes will be handed out free one by one.

I watch Fox and think it's fair albeit obviously pro Trump I've seen some of CNN , obviously anti Trump and eventually decided I'd rather listen to my old Madonna CDs

I'll wager you watch the Fox opinion and entertainment programs masquerading as news; Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, and not one of its few legitimate news programs, such as Shepard Smith. 

The CNN news programs are not de-promoting Trump, they are reporting on Trump and fact checking as many of his erroneous claims as time permits.  I don't watch the CNN opinion programs, but I don't believe they are de-promoting Trump at the same level as Fox News de-promoted Obama.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The CNN news programs are not de-promoting Trump, they are reporting on Trump and fact checking as many of his erroneous claims as time permits. 

But just as with that sheep saying,    There simply isn't enough time..         ?

43 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'll wager you watch the Fox opinion and entertainment programs masquerading as news; Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, and not one of its few legitimate news programs, such as Shepard Smith. 

The CNN news programs are not de-promoting Trump, they are reporting on Trump and fact checking as many of his erroneous claims as time permits.  I don't watch the CNN opinion programs, but I don't believe they are de-promoting Trump at the same level as Fox News de-promoted Obama.

I don't think Fox gave heaps of hassle to Obama while he was in office. Not hateful "we gonna impeach you" hassle anyway.  Fox just fired up the rhetoric as retaliation because of the bias from CNN. 

Sure , fact based reporting happens, but the tone of it is not polite in regards to it being about a sitting president of the most powerful country of all.

I say respect Trump as president as much as the right to vote him out.

I fear violence between citizens will be influenced to happen all because the media and politicians can't keep it calm and together.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Remember Jeff Beck?

Do you mean Glenn Beck?  The pundit shrilly predicting Obama's economic policies would lead to the collapse of the US currency and advocating everyone buy gold?  The one who had a key sponsor selling gold?

He was a corrupt conman like Trump, but is no Trump fan.  I guess birds of a feather sometimes don't like competition.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you mean Glenn Beck?  The pundit shrilly predicting Obama's economic policies would lead to the collapse of the US currency and advocating everyone buy gold?  The one who had a key sponsor selling gold?

He was a corrupt conman like Trump, but is no Trump fan.  I guess birds of a feather sometimes don't like competition.

I'm betraying my age and my undependable recall. Yes, Glenn Beck.

I smell a very toxic mix of sulphur, guilt, fear, and apprehension coming from the Oval Office. Anytime he comes under heat, he ratchets up the deflection technique. It is right out of Putin's playbook. Most despots employ the fake news narrative. 

Tiny Don is going to leave the White House, and find that his brand is virtually worthless. He is radioactive. Nobody is going to want to have anything to do with him. Already, units in his building are becoming very hard to sell or lease, and there are virtually no future management deals in the works. Plus, he has lost 17 of his 19 merchandising deals, as his name is impossible to sell. Same with Ivanka. Closed up shop. The whole family is going down like the Titanic.

It is difficult to have compassion for this blowhard. He has brought this on himself, and seem to possess a wanton lust for self destruction. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, TGIR said:

But unlike MSNBC, CNN posted double-digit year-over-year viewer declines in prime time and total day.

Richard Quest is entirely to blame for that. Does anyone else find him to be one of the most annoying people on the planet? I cannot even watch CNN, with the volume muted, when he is on. He is that annoying.

CNN has gone completely over the top. While I find them entertaining to watch, they are far too repetitive, and do not do enough investigative work. Fox however, is a dismal counterpoint. The world suffers from a lack of good news!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Does he, anything to share to support this point?

Not criticizing, just curious.

Just an opinion based on a casual observation of his behaviour , I warrant a good number of physciatrists would reach the same conclusion. Of course he may merely be a physchopath !

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Richard Quest is entirely to blame for that. Does anyone else find him to be one of the most annoying people on the planet? I cannot even watch CNN, with the volume muted, when he is on. He is that annoying.

CNN has gone completely over the top. While I find them entertaining to watch, they are far too repetitive, and do not do enough investigative work. Fox however, is a dismal counterpoint. The world suffers from a lack of good news!

Try BBC, Al Jazzera, and even Russia Today. All have their bias of course, but much less obvious than the US news channels.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, stud858 said:

I don't think Fox gave heaps of hassle to Obama while he was in office. Not hateful "we gonna impeach you" hassle anyway.  Fox just fired up the rhetoric as retaliation because of the bias from CNN. 

Sure , fact based reporting happens, but the tone of it is not polite in regards to it being about a sitting president of the most powerful country of all.

I say respect Trump as president as much as the right to vote him out.

I fear violence between citizens will be influenced to happen all because the media and politicians can't keep it calm and together.

"I say respect Trump as president...."

Respect is earned. Does much (if anything) about Trump's character and conduct as president inspires respect? I don't know that Trump (or his supporters) grasp the notion of "lead by example", but that's a good place to start getting a handle on how many react to Trump.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

"I say respect Trump as president...."

Respect is earned. Does much (if anything) about Trump's character and conduct as president inspires respect? I don't know that Trump (or his supporters) grasp the notion of "lead by example", but that's a good place to start getting a handle on how many react to Trump.

Respect is earned doesn't apply to all situations. Eg. Mother's,  Kings and queens, judges, and presidency should get respect always regardless. In my opinion of course.

3 hours ago, stud858 said:

Respect is earned doesn't apply to all situations. Eg. Mother's,  Kings and queens, judges, and presidency should get respect always regardless. In my opinion of course.

Mother's earn respect by giving birth.  The others on your list can use laws to demand respect, but that isn't the same as earning it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Al Jazeera and RT. If you want channels controlled by authoritarian regimes, these to are good choices. Wonder when was the last time either carried a story criticizing their respective leaderships etc. Waffle on.

Read my words, I did say that all media outlets have bias, even the BBC.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Mother's earn respect by giving birth.  The others on your list can use laws to demand respect, but that isn't the same as earning it.

Laws had to be introduced because there were people with bad manners. Soon there will be laws regarding people disrespecting their mothers. In my opinion, of course.