Odds Against Us?

FaFaHead

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I was involved with a Thai woman and we had a small restaurant in a village and we only ever bought our meat and vegetables at the markets as all the vegetables were direct from the farms and the meat was always fresh and direct from the local slaughter house and never frozen and thawed as the market stalls only bought enough for their sales for that day whereas the supermarkets here only sell thawed meat and the bigger restaurants buy in bulk because it is cheaper for them and then some places refreeze the meat which can cause problems. At no time did any of us or any of our customers ever get sick from the food that we sold. One of the big problems in Thailand which is slowly being addressed is the use of certain chemical sprays that are used on the farms.

Yeah but the local markets don't sell punctuation. Just kidding, just kidding.

• Haha 1

Some of the worst Thai food I have had is at expat restaurants in Bangkok packed with expats and some of the best Thai food I have ever had is at the stalls where the same Thai ladies cook every day. Don’t be afraid of the Thai food stalls. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Some of the worst Thai food I have had is at expat restaurants in Bangkok packed with expats and some of the best Thai food I have ever had is at the stalls where the same Thai ladies cook every day. Don’t be afraid of the Thai food stalls. 

Good message.

And some of the worst food service I have experienced in Thailand is by farang-owned restaurants.

Agree with you. Street food is great.

• Like 1

You have to be very careful who you buy food from. I ordered Pad Thai one afternoon. I was hungry, but had to wait while he made orders for two other people. While waiting, I looked at the carton of 30 eggs on the cart that he was using for the Pad Thai. In the middle of the eggs, I saw one that had a crack in it. When it was time to make my Pad Thai, he reached into the middle and picked that cracked egg. He used it. I thought for a minute or two, then literally ran away.

20 years. Had a bad stomach about 3 times (once from KFC) Almost always eat street food. 

Perhaps the longer you live here the better your stomach is (judging from comments above). 

I wouldn't be concerned. The worst thing is you may have to go to hospital, take some meds, and start again. 

2 hours ago, pogal said:

20 years. Had a bad stomach about 3 times (once from KFC) Almost always eat street food. 

Perhaps the longer you live here the better your stomach is (judging from comments above). 

I wouldn't be concerned. The worst thing is you may have to go to hospital, take some meds, and start again. 

Thta’s It, start slow. Thanks. 

Edited by FaFaHead