The nation must stand united, Cambodian King says

geovalin

King Norodom Sihamoni today presided over the National Assembly’s opening session and said that Cambodia must stand united to move the country forward. “Taking this auspicious opportunity, it is my great pleasure to extend my congratulations to the First Session of the National Assembly of the 6th Legislature,” the King said. “I also convey my warmest congratulations to all members of the National Assembly, who were newly elected by the will and trust of the people in the general election.”

“To accomplish this supreme duty, our nation must stand united and show strong national solidarity based on the spirit of national unity,” the King said. The King said that all laws passed by the National Assembly are legal instruments to be carried out to promote the rule of law in order to ensure that the Kingdom has adequate and appropriate legal frameworks in line with the country’s development.

Following the opening session, senior National Assembly member Heng Samrin chaired the meeting to validate each lawmaker’s status and adopted the internal regulations. All 125 elected CPP members will take oaths to be lawmakers before the King this evening.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50530558/the-nation-must-stand-united-the-king-says/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 06/09