New tyres needed - recommendations?

sonos99

7 minutes ago, sonos99 said:

Thanks 

I know where some tyre shops are. I was hoping for some actual recommendations from people who have purchased tyres and had them fitted at these places. 

Yes, I have bought tyres and made repairs at both these places. No complaints except limited choice.

But I prefer the very large tyre/brakes/etc place  (Mannit ?) opposite the main bus terminus. Last week bought a complete set of tyres. Excellent range and prices. even a small discount. Free balancing, alignment diagnostic and correct, check spare, water, battery. Great waiting lounge. 

Edit - they also have a branch on Chaofa West before lights near House and Home. But less immediate stock. Often need to bring in from the bigger place.

Thanks. I'm not so much concerned about different brands but am looking for a shop that provides good service and prices. There are a few in the area including the ones mentioned above and I was hoping to get some recommendations from people who had experience with them. 

There was a much earlier thread which recommended a shop opposite the police station in Chalong but it doesn't exist any more. I was looking for a current recommendation. 

8 minutes ago, sonos99 said:

<snip>

There was a much earlier thread which recommended a shop opposite the police station in Chalong but it doesn't exist any more. I was looking for a current recommendation. 

I believe that place moved to one of these places south of the circle some years ago. 

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, I have bought tyres and made repairs at both these places. No complaints except limited choice.

But I prefer the very large tyre/brakes/etc place  (Mannit ?) opposite the main bus terminus. Last week bought a complete set of tyres. Excellent range and prices. even a small discount. Free balancing, alignment diagnostic and correct, check spare, water, battery. Great waiting lounge. 

Edit - they also have a branch on Chaofa West before lights near House and Home. But less immediate stock. Often need to bring in from the bigger place.

Thanks exactly the info I was looking for. 

Yokohama shop on Chao Fa West on the rise just before Lotus, left side if coming from circle. Excellent service, good pricing (got my Bridgestones cheaper than quoted anywhere else). Air con lounge to drink coffee while waiting. Told me to come back every 10,000 km & they would turn the wheels for free. They also do brakes & oil change.

Archived