Taxi driver extends middle finger in meter dispute

webfact

Taxi driver extends middle finger in meter dispute

By The Nation

233a00d47622624bb7a1b8ef62278b72.jpeg

A passenger took a photo of a taxi driver extending his middle finger at Central World after he refused to use his meter and ejected the passenger.

The passenger, whose Facebook account is Nitsaphat Meksakul, posted a photo of the driver standing outside the driver's door showing him the middle finger.

Nitsaphat said he has filed a complaint with the Land Transport Department on the 1584 hotline.

002269f27048c8b6ef40f612e740b75d.jpeg

The passenger said that the incident on Wednesday evening was witnessed by a female security officer.

Nitsaphat added that he reminded the driver of double penalties for refusing passengers and for not using a meter.

The confrontation happened below a sign warning taxi drivers not to refuse passengers, Nitsaphat posted.

The driver allegedly tried the same approach with a group of foreigners, who walked away.

The passenger was told to pay Bt300 to reach Nonthaburi pier.

Nitsaphat said a group of apparently Chinese tourists agreed to pay a chartered price and the driver took them.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353875

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-06
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Good! Can only hope the driver will be punished.

I think you are forgetting who the yellow and green taxis are owned by.   Although this could be a day rent driver on the other hand I doubt it so the odds of that driver getting banned from driving that taxi are as long as the odds for me to turn gay.  But then as the saying go, "there's always a first time"

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Esso49 said:

I think you are forgetting who the yellow and green taxis are owned by. 

To tell you the thruth; I have no idea. But this is how I deal with it, I tell them where I want to go and give them an offer, if they'll bite, it's a win win situation.

I am not sure why this was worthy of a post. There are always going to be buttheads among the populace, wherever you go. Taxi drivers in Phuket, Samui and Pattaya lead the pack. What is the big deal? I ask them to use their meters. When they say no, I walk away, and find one that will. The vast majority in Bangkok will use their meters, and it usually only takes stopping two or three cabs to find one. Sometimes, the first time. So what? Talk about a minor inconvenience. As they say, water off a ducks back. 

Outside of Bangkok is the real issue. The government has done zero, to get taxis in the above mentioned places to use their meters. Nothing. Less than zero. This is part of what we refer to, when we describe Little P. and the rest of his band of incompetents as completely absent from the job.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, z42 said:

Same shit different day.. Best get 1 of those "driver returns xxx000 baht to forgetful passenger" stories in the news quick time.

And the cabbie in question must get his 2000 baht and best wai / apology ready before his upcoming temporary inactive posting

You mean an inactive posting to the DLT? 

He looks surprisingly handsome i must say.. Many a falang wouldn't mind taking his taxi even if he doesn't want to use the meter, come on you gay falang say something. Even his gesture looks stylish and his white T-shirt looks very well washed , a very white T-shirt.

23 hours ago, Esso49 said:

I think you are forgetting who the yellow and green taxis are owned by.   Although this could be a day rent driver on the other hand I doubt it so the odds of that driver getting banned from driving that taxi are as long as the odds for me to turn gay.  But then as the saying go, "there's always a first time"

22 hours ago, Saraphee said:

Who are the yellow and green taxis owned by? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Well, remind us then....

He won't because he doesn't really know, and, even if he does know and that someone is actually "someone", he has no reason to suggest that a green/yellow taxi driver is unlikely to face punishment.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but flipping me the bird ain't gonna hurt me."

So many offended people in this world.  Best to grow thicker skin and laugh it off. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

Yellow and green taxis are privately owned ( info from a few owners I know) all other colors are companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is correct. Yellow and green taxis are owned and operated by individuals. They say in Thai on the door "Taxi Bukhon" or private taxi.  

Other colour taxis have the name of their company in the same place.

Screen Shot 2561-09-07 at 4.25.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2561-09-07 at 4.30.06 PM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faikham said:

That is correct. Yellow and green taxis are owned and operated by individuals. They say in Thai on the door "Taxi Bukhon" or private taxi.  

Other colour taxis have the name of their company in the same place.

Screen Shot 2561-09-07 at 4.25.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2561-09-07 at 4.30.06 PM.png

seems like the original poster was correct then,  cant see them banning themselves