Davis Bangkok

welshchris

Alex...he asked about the ambassador suite at Davis Hotel :D

Davis is a new-ish hotel in suk 24....its quite good...the massage /spa place also good there

Oh, sorry for that. Everythime I see Ambassador written somewhere it keeps reminding me of that stupid hotel :o

Thanks guys.

The kilo into the soi doesnt worry me to much as long as its a nice hotel (heard they had a free tuk tuk to take you to skytrain anyway).

Between The Davis Hotel and Sofitel Silom at the moment.

Any more opinions of the both or any others in the same class would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Sofitel on Silom used to be the Monarch Lee Gardens and hasn't got much going for it.

The Davis is a preferred choice in my book. Near to a lot more shops, cafes, pubs etc on

Sukhumvit than dingy Silom.

Stayed in both the Diplomat and Ambassador suites at the Davis. Best Hotel in its class in Bangkok (i have been to Bangkok 15 times in two years and stayed at dozens of similarly priced hotels). The rooms are exceptional. Going back in April to get married, and will stay there again. Good luck.

What about Westin? From all the hotels I've stayed in before moving to Bangkok, I found Westin to be the best one. Nice and clean rooms, new furniture, good service and very good location also. I'd vouch for them anytime.

Hi guys has anyone got any experiences of the Davis Bangkok hotel situated on 88 Sukhumvit 24?

Was looking at the website and liked the look of the Ambassador suite as wife and I are coming with friends.

Any opinions would be grateful

Thanks

Chris

the davis is a very good hotel , always busy love the place. also just down the road is that seafood place thats on tv all the time if it swims we can overcook it or something. good night out if you 14000 baht to spend :o

Why you say infamous?

Khun Chuwit nearly made it in politics and that little incident on Sukumvit? Who cares? The place is gone anyway thanks to help from some guys in uniform.

And, by the way it's Soi 10.

PS; Sorry, am I cynical?

Edited by Axel

Davis is just OK for me. I reckon the hotel is let down by the resturants and buffets - The buffets are terrible in my opinion.

Bangkok "Centralish" hotels in my order of preference: Conrad,JW Marriott, Dream BKK, Hyatt, Sheraton - Then possibly The Davis.

Thanks guys.

The kilo into the soi doesnt worry me to much as long as its a nice hotel (heard they had a free tuk tuk to take you to skytrain anyway).

Any more opinions of the both or any others in the same class would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

My partner and I, we had very bad experiences with the Davis and we never will stay in this hotel. The room service was more than lousy (during our 3-day stay, no re-filling of the bath and hair shampoo), there were no bathropes but when we checked out we were asked where we have left the 2 bath ropes. However, the fround staff was very polite, but the service in the restaurant was also very bad. Unfriendly waitresses etc. I am not a snob but I expect a little bit a better service from a "high class hotel"

Ossi

I booked my parents in there last month when they came over to visit me, primarily for convenience (it's close to where I stay). They commented on the poor breakfast, but other than that it was OK.

I've booked friends in the President Park serviced apartments before, they're accross the road from the Davis and cost about 30% less. The rooms are pretty much on par with the Davis as well.

Edited by JCCR6

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Chris

My partner and I, we had very bad experiences with the Davis and we never will stay in this hotel. The room service was more than lousy (during our 3-day stay, no re-filling of the bath and hair shampoo), there were no bathropes but when we checked out we were asked where we have left the 2 bath ropes. However, the fround staff was very polite, but the service in the restaurant was also very bad. Unfriendly waitresses etc. I am not a snob but I expect a little bit a better service from a "high class hotel"

Ossi

yeah sod that sounds like a crap hotel, fancy having to fill your own bath ? :o:D

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I've stayed at the Davis four times and Sofitel Silom twice. I found both hotels to be good, but the Davis has the edge. A friend of mine visits Bangkok several times every year, and he only stays at the Davis now. Good luck, and enjoy your stay

Regards

Gary

The Davis is a fine hotel, but as others have noted it is deep in the soi (away from the skytrain). To this I would add that the traffic is terrible as you need to head up toward the Emporium, or go the opposite way to Rama IV, which is just as bad.

However, the place is reasonable, quite and in a nice area. The buffet is not great, but the hotel has Western food options right around it – so you can pop in for a quick breakfast at Au Bon Pain or Starbucks easily enough.