A Goood Hotel In Singapore

kurgen

It's been about 25 years but as I recall the Hilton was almost across the street from the Royal Thai Embassy. But you really could stay anywhere as there is a good subway system in place and taxi service is good (although scarce during rains). The Embassy is on Orchard Road which is also the major shopping area of the city. Enjoy the green areas.

Flying from Thailand?

When ever I've gone to Sing for visa stuff I've always checked out with a travel agent what deal Silk Air are currently doing - the last two occasions I've bought a full price return ticket - around 7,000 baht if memory serves - and got 2 days / 3 nights in a participating hotel for free (includes transfers and breakkie)

I think the hotel I stayed at was called the Garden or the Green something, anyway it was pleasant and it began with a G, of course you can pay more to upgrade to a better standard of hotel but as beer is so ###### expensive there I opted for the 'save more cash for beer avenue' The Thai embassy was 5 mins taxi ride away and the staff were ok.

Spend your beer tokens in the 'Crazy horse country and western bar' in Orchard Towers, it has big screen rodeo, need I say more.

Word of warning, check you flight arrival time - you'll need to be at the embassy before 12 noon if you want to start a non immigrant process, or something like that, anyway best to check.

Crazy Horses ooooooaaaaaaaa oooooooooaaaaaaa!

Just got back from Singapore this morning.

Got my B visa with no problems.

The Thai Embassy opens at 9.15 - 12.15, be there for about 8.45 as there is a que, once inside take a ticket and wait about 5 minutes to be served. Providing everything is ok you get a ticket to pick your passport and visa up the following day at 2pm.

The staff are very friendly, dress smart and be polite and you will be fine.

There is a bar directly accross the road at the side of Hung Jewellers, many farangs hang out there and it is one of the cheapest bars you'll come accross, but still very expensive towards Thailand.

There are hundreds of hotels you'll have no problem finding one. Can't recommend the one we stayed at as it was absolutley SH*T, unclean and no smoking anywhere in the hotel, no bar and the fude was crap too.

Good luck.

Angie

How much money are you looking to spend on lodging?

There's really no reason why you need to stay right next to the Thai embassy. It is located about five minutes from the Orchard stop on the North-South MRT line. Stay anywhere that's nearby an MRT station and it's an easy trip from there to the embassy.

I'm going to arrive Sunday evening so I'm at the embassy early Monday,without having to worry about how close I am to it.

Looking for a good hotel like a Sheraton or similar.

Just arranged for the Mia Noi of a good friend:

Greetings from Raffles Hotel !

We are delighted to learn that Ms .......will be visiting Singapore during the above period and will be residing in Raffles Hotel.

We are pleased to confirm a Raffles Inc State-Room (with a King-size bed)

at a special rate of S$420.00 (single occupancy) per night for Ms .....

Please add 10% service charge, 1% government tax and thereafter, 5% goods

and services tax, computed as 16.55%, to the rate quoted.

Rate is inclusive of daily breakfast (maximum of one person) to be served

at Tiffin Room.

As requested, it is our pleasure to arrange two-way airport limousine

transfers at S$220nett. Our limousine co-ordinator (holding a name board)

will meet Ms ......at the arrival hall after baggage collection.

For Khun wife I suggest:

MARINA MANDARIN SINGAPORE

6 RAFFLES BOULEVARD - Singapore, Singapore

The room rates listed are for double occupancy unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.

Room Type Fri Sat

Deluxe 1-2 People

$333.00(USD) Total

or

Conrad Singapore

TWO TEMASEK BOULEVARD

SINGAPORE, 38982

Opened Since: 1996

Rates: US $84.43 - $1,939.01

Myself I stay in a small family hotel with an 84 yo owner for S$ 98 all in.

Sorry, only a little bit joking, What I mean, you get any price-range in Singpore.

Check the internet.

BTW, from my hotel to Conrad, Raffles or Marina Mandarin = walking distance.

Hilton Singapore is the nearest to Thai embassy, Lopburi 3 you are right, but at the moment too old. Not you, the hotel. :D

Taxi from airport costs you not more than S$ 15, return cheaper as no additional.

But the limo for S$220 is neither bad and it is r/trip :o

US$ 1 = S$ 1.73

I recently stayed at the Bencoolen hotel. Descent clean friendly, nice spa in hotel.A couple of blocks from the electronic superstores. $69sgd just dont let them give you a room next to the contruction site.

I like the Phoenix Hotel next to Somerset Station..about five or six minutes walk to Embassy I recall. Hotel has computers in the guest rooms and of course Internet access. there's a McDonalds across the street that does breakfast (why not in Thailand?)

Meritus Negara Hotel is directly behind the Thai embassy on Cairnhill which leads to Orchard. Nice hotel and guest friendly (with Orchard Towers the other side). best thig is the ability to book it at the airport hotel desk for S$110 single, S$120 for double room - often have space available last minute. Also Orchard Parade is nice hotel just 2 minutes up from the embassy and the Orchard hotel is laso very near by. negara is best value as nobody has heard of it.

Hope this helps

Hilton Singapore is the nearest to Thai embassy, Lopburi 3 you are right, but at the moment too old. Not you, the hotel.

Me too. :o

It would be a long walk (for me) from the Marina Mandarin and your price is way wrong. It can be had for well under Singapore $200. I have stayed in that hotel within the present decade and it has a great ABF but rooms are not furnished up to 5 star standards (but that may be because I didn't pay your rate).