Is Thai bottled water safer than tap water

CanuckThai

People who are worried enough about water purity to take action on it, should instead look into levels of particulate matter in BKK and CM air. Especially when driving your scooter in midday traffic. Guaranteed to do more damage than drinking unfiltered tap water.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

People who are worried enough about water purity to take action on it, should instead look into levels of particulate matter in BKK and CM air. Especially when driving your scooter in midday traffic. Guaranteed to do more damage than drinking unfiltered tap water.

True but there's not much you can do about the air pollution except maybe wearing a mask like this ;

Some claims to be able to filter above 95% of PM huuuum.... I wonder how it does in Bangkok when it's 40 degres ....

R-PUR-Pollution-Air-Mask-e1503161833720.

Edited by Pepper9187

3 hours ago, SuperTed said:

You may be right.  The challenge becomes: how much crap can a body handle, before it starts fighting back (air pollution, questionable water quality, chemical laden food, etc).  With "safe" water, at least your body can potentially flush itself of... (whatever)

On 9/12/2018 at 12:38 PM, sappersrest said:

Floride in bottled water. Read if you have an adverse reaction to fluoride . Within guidelines but never the less interesting.

http://www.tm.mahidol.ac.th/seameo/2016-47-5/27-691223-1112.pdf

Bullseye. Thankfully some are low in offensive numbers, this is an excellent resource.

RO water is stripped of its minerals and the ph is thrown off making it out of balance and less healthy for the human body. I also saw a report on the dismal state of maintanence and neglect of those roadside machines and I won't touch them. 

Huge differences also between mineral, spring, and reclaimed chemicalized toilet water also to think about. And the plastic it comes in. Any store that has pallets of food products in cheap plastic sitting out in the sun loses my business forever.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

It all matters. It's not one or the other. Air quality can suck but can be pretty hard to avoid if one must commute.

At least we have a choice what we pour into our mouths. 

31 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

We are all gonna die sometime. Even the 85 year old lifetime Bangkok residents who have been breathing the air and drinking the water for 85 years

I just read the average lifespan here is 75 years so we've already lost 10 years of debate time ????

Living in a rural area, for years we caught all the rainwater, in those big stone Ong's, Jars, used it for drinking never boiled it, the wife must have been using these stone Jars for at least 40 years no problem.   

At least it tastes like water still makes a good cup of tea, some water I have drunk in the UK is all 

chemicals.

Now we have it delivered in 20 lt bottles, from a local plant that is supposed to use RO but it often has a metallic tast to it, for some reason the wife still uses our own caught water in the rice cooker.

Or as my late stepfather use to say "never drink water spoils the flavor of the whiskey". 

• Like 1

I bought a water dispenser years ago, best investment ever. 3,000 baht about 5 years ago.

Now i just order 10*5L of mon fleur bottles by tesco online from time to time, fill the dispenser with 3x5L, so it costs me 177 THB / week or 800 THB / month.

+Let's say 200 THB for the electric,  = around 1,000 BAHT / month

Drinking crap "crystal" water would cost around 1/3 of the price per month, so cheaper, yes, is it worth saving 700 THB per month to drink crap water ? I don't know ! not if you can afford not to.