Macbook Repair

mogandave

I have an older MacBook Pro that does not finish booting.

Went thru a few things trying to get it going, but never got past the blinking hard drive.

Any recommendations for an good shop close to Siam Square?

Also like to get the keyboard swapped to a Thai/English version at the same time.

Thanks

Get yourself a Windows laptop, no problems.

Thanks for the thoughtful response, but I already have a Windows laptop (get a new one every two years) what I’m trying to do is get my 7 year old MacBook Pro fixed. As I’ve never had an issue with it before, not sure where to take it.

Thanks again for all your help.

38 minutes ago, mogandave said:

As I’ve never had an issue with it before,

Well you have now..........it's <deleted>! It probably kicked it on Steve Job's demise. What will the world do when Mr Gates passes on? Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 8:08 PM, mogandave said:

Thanks for the thoughtful response, but I already have a Windows laptop (get a new one every two years) what I’m trying to do is get my 7 year old MacBook Pro fixed. As I’ve never had an issue with it before, not sure where to take it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sounds as though the hard drive is kaput.

Buy a new SSD and fit it yourself. Make a bootable installer usb and you will be up and running in no time. If you have not backed up your data not sure how you can recovery it. Some one who knows more about computers is sure to help you.

I did this with my MacBook Pro 2011 and it is now really fast with the SSD. Worth the money for the new drive imo. I had a time machine back up for my data from my old mechanical hard drive.

Archived