Act Now! Up To 16 Bangkok Monuments Unclaimed

webfact

Act Now! Up To 16 Bangkok Monuments Unclaimed

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

14010267911401027438l.jpg

Anti-Coup Protest in Victory Monument, 25 May 2014.

BANGKOK — Not one, but up to 16 memorials and monuments in Bangkok stand in legal limbo over which agency is responsible for them, a city official said Tuesday.

The stunning revelation came a day after the government called upon metropolitan authorities to settle the ownership question of Victory Monument.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/09/11/act-now-up-to-16-bangkok-monuments-unclaimed/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-12

"...“City Planning Department will be the chief agency responsible for maintenance,” Sakchai said. “But if you want to do something that affects the structure of the monuments, you will have to seek permission from the Fine Arts Department...”

The City Planning Department?

Bloody hell! Has anyone noticed that the city isn't really planned? And, that the planning department doesn't seem to have done anything to Bangkok in years? That the same MORONS who decided to 'clean up' Khao San Road are going to manage the monuments?

Let's start a campaign before it is too late;

Save Bangkok's Monuments from the planning department!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Not one, but up to 16 memorials and monuments in Bangkok stand in legal limbo over which agency is responsible for them,

16???

There are tens of thousands monuments reflecting the grandness and prosperity of the nation waiting for adoption:

8a134630-effb-4c6e-8c10-d2ee09a38c8b_zps

57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

There are tens of thousands monuments reflecting the grandness and prosperity of the nation waiting for adoption

Surprised that a tour company has not yet started tours to visit such locations around the country.  I am sure that there would be some interesting differences amongst them, locations, styles, height variations, packaging, contents, decomposition, inhabitants, etc.  Maybe, though I may have opened the door to such an endeavour and that an enterprising Thai will get such a venture organised.  Could even have some of the stuff packed and sold as souvenirs, thus providing employment for some out of work people.  Sorry that I cannot do any of that as I would require a different visa, work permit and all of the other things required for me to do so, which would be difficult for me to do as I am currently in Canada.

Remember when there was a tour company in London that put on tour packages to London public toilets, often underground and at major railway stations and that they were very successful with overseas visitors.  However, for us it was just another way to spend a penny, but not for the Guy.

'nuf sed

Archived