Can some one please explain the new priority lane on the BTS

Millian

On the far right turnstile there is a red carpet and a sign above that reads in English 'Single journey ticket only'  (which is the tickets from the machine, correct?), however they have removed the slot that takes tickets, and only Rabbit Cards are working.

If only Rabbit cards are working, how is the lane only for single journey tickets, what am I missing?

I think you have miss understood. The lane is sign posted as Single journey tickets only, but you cannot use Single journey tickets in the turnstile, as they have removed the slot, so only Rabbit cards work.  Therefore, how is it a lane for Single journey tickets only?

I think you have miss understood. The lane is sign posted as Single journey tickets only, but you cannot use Single journey tickets in the turnstile, as they have removed the slot, so only Rabbit cards work.  Therefore, how is it a lane for Single journey tickets only?
I use the BTS every day. They have removed the slots for the single tickets in the lane for non-single ticket (ie. Rabbit card) holders only.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, kkerry said:

I thought I heard somewhere they now have new contactless tickets that don't require a slot...

That's correct, if you buy a ticket from the new TIM (small machine) with the touchy-map interface then you use this lane (the ticket has a map on the front and NO little hole).

Tap on the way in, insert on the way out. Signage is carp.

BTS are changing over all the machines to use the new contactless technology, should be done by December.

Your Rabbit card will work in ANY gate (I told you the signage was carp).

More information in this thread, let's continue there.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1043329-bts-to-replace-single-trip-magnetic-cards-with-smart-thin-cards/

This one closed.