In need of a visa

Greetings,

I have been staying in Thailand for the last 5 years on tourist visa, and are living with my Thai girlfriend near Sakon Nakhon were we have a small restaurant. I have been going home to my own country (Denmark) every year for around 3 months. When i arrived in BKK at the beginning of august last month and went to get my 30 day voa, i was asked to step aside and an immigration officer came and  asked me what i do in Thailand. I told her that i was living with my girlfriend and that we had a restaurant together. She then produced some papers showing all the tourist visas i had in the past and told me that they could not let me inside Thailand due to all those tourist visa i had before and that i had to go speak with some other officers at another spot in the airport. I got my passport back and went to see another immigration counter as she requested. When i got there, the lady at the counter took my passport and stamped it with the voa and i got 30 days and nothing else was said to me. Now im sitting up here in Issan and really dont know what to do, since i just got 30 days extension at the local immigration and when that expires, then what do i do? Do i go to Laos and try to get another tourist visa? or does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I am not married, dont have any Thai children and are under 50 years old, so as i see it i can only do an ED visa or a visa with a work permit, which i bellive is pretty expensive . I really hope there is a friendly soul out there who can give me some advice on what to do.

You told them you are working illegally and they still let you in? Lucky ?

You listed most of your options already. Other than that you could marry your girlfriend and get a visa this way, or buy Thailand elite visa.

But if you are running a restaurant with your GF then everything but getting a work permit and a non-b visa (or a non-o if you marry her) is illegal.

Marry the girl, it is about time you do something to be at least serious. Than go to Savannaketh, buy 1 multiple entries non immigrant O based on marriage (1 year)..,,,

Dont drag it out anymore sometime in life we must decide what to do....

good luck

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tripper123 said:

I never said i was working, just that we had a restaurant together, meaning that we paid equally to get it build, I am sorry if that could be misunderstood . 

Dont you ever talk about that again about the restaurant.. especially not with immigrant-officers of any kind...otherwise you will be in big problem...

glegolo

Why didn't you get a tourist visa before you returned to here?

I suspect the problem you had was the number of visa exempt entries (the are not VOA's) you have done not the number of tourist visas.

How many tourists visas have you gotten from the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet in your current passport?

I actually never thougt of getting a tourist visa before i came here, since there were never any problems before (stupid me, yes i know)  i just got a new passport when i was home in Denmark since the old one only had a couple of pages left. I cant remember exactly how many my old one had, but my guess would be 2 from Vientiane and  5 or 6 from Savannakhet since feb 2016, which was the time i got my old passport. Other than that i have only done 1 visa run in april this year, where i just entered Laos and returned immediately to Thailnd and got 30 days because i wanted to stay for song kran before going to Denmark.

7 minutes ago, Tripper123 said:

I actually never thougt of getting a tourist visa before i came here, since there were never any problems before (stupid me, yes i know)  i just got a new passport when i was home in Denmark since the old one only had a couple of pages left. I cant remember exactly how many my old one had, but my guess would be 2 from Vientiane and  5 or 6 from Savannakhet since feb 2016, which was the time i got my old passport. Other than that i have only done 1 visa run in april this year, where i just entered Laos and returned immediately to Thailnd and got 30 days because i wanted to stay for song kran before going to Denmark.

Getting a tourist visa in you home country looks much better in your history of visas.

It seems your history of tourist visas as far as embassies and consulate are concerned is gone since you got a new passport. You be will starting all over again at Vientiane and Savannakhet since they only look in your passport for your history of visas issued by them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Getting a tourist visa in you home country looks much better in your history of visas.

It seems your history of tourist visas as far as embassies and consulate are concerned is gone since you got a new passport. You be will starting all over again at Vientiane and Savannakhet since they only look in your passport for your history of visas issued by them.

It sounds logical and i will defently do that next time, thank you for your answer and advice ?

If you do not wish to marry your girlfriend, tourist visas and entering via a land crossing will be no problem for a while. If there are no existing tourist visas in your new passport, you could start with getting one in Penang. After that, a couple in Vientiane (if extended) would carry you through until your next trip home.

What will happen in future years (assuming you are still unmarried) will depend on how the winds blow at immigration.

• Like 1