Informing Immigration Where You Are Staying

Hello i am currently living in Thailand on a tourist visa. I am staying in an apartment in a hotel. The management registered me living there with immigration electronically just under a week ago. I have been told by someone that i should've gone to immigration and registered myself, they say i will/could be fined. The hotel management tell me i don't need to do this. Please can someone clear this up with me. I am currently applying (through a company) for a work permit so i need to be sure there wont be any complications etc.

30 minutes ago, elviajero said:

There is no report that you, the tourist, are required to make to immigration. Only the hotel management need to submit a TM.30 report to confirm you are staying at their address. The "someone" is wrong.

Thank you 

13 hours ago, hoyism said:

Thank you 

If the hotel did indeed file, you are in the clear.  There is an online-service they can use for this. 

The way enforcement works (assuming your office enforces TM-30s - some do not):  When you need anything from immigration, if no TM-30 record is found in their system, then you will not receive the service until it is filed and any fines paid.  Some request a printout of the TM-30 submission by the hotels/landlords, to cover their bases on this front.

If needing something from immigration, it is always best to go as early as possible, due to this and other unexpected issues which may arise.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hoyism said:

I have been told by someone that i should've gone to immigration and registered myself

Who is this some one? Does this one want to register you for a price. Did this someone approach you on the street. How did you meet this someone? Did you ask this someone to imagine 20 million tourist trying to register their hotels in Thailand immigration offices.