Cheapest Phone Service

utalkin2me

As long as you keep data turned off phone service is not expensive at all in Thailand - so probably not worth trying to figure which is the least expensive.  Whatever works for you should be cheap for low usage like that I suspect.  Sorry can not be specific but have a DTAC post-paid plan from many years ago costing 160 baht per month and only time more was when data got switched on by mistake.  Suspect a normal pre-pay would not cost you very much.  

I rarely use my mobile, usually just so others can contact me or if I need to phione my wife, I have a dtac 199 baht a month plan, I have ever used it all, it also has internet if you want to use it which I have only ever done when I used it to find out where we had to go(gps).

We use AIS's top-up service. My wife, myself and our 16-year-old daughter each have a phone with AIS. I only use my phone to call one of them and to receive SMS's from my bank.  Whenever I go to town by myself or when I ride my bike, I take my phone with me for emergencies.  Each month I put 30 baht on my phone to keep it activated. Total cost for 3 phones around 150 baht. 

Archived