Jump to content

No conclusion yet over Phuket hospital issue – police commander


webfact

Recommended Posts

No conclusion yet over Phuket hospital issue – police commander

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

 

S__15671420.jpg

 

Executives of Vachira Phuket Hospital have still not resolved a situation that got our control outside their emergency rooms this week. Several videos of the incident went viral on social media showing a man being prevented access to the hospital to be with a relative in the emergency area.

 

A report was filed with police concerning the man’s behaviour whilst the hospital accepted the issue was mainly caused through poor communication.

 

Phuket Provincial Police commander Maj Gen Teerapol Thipjaroen spoke yesterday (September 13) saying, “The Phuket City Police have questioned both of parties and tried to mediate but there is still is conclusion at this moment as there is still some dispute about exactly what happened.”

 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/no-conclusion-yet-over-phuket-hospital-issue-police-commander

 
thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-14
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mediate, what is there to mediate?

 

The man was not ill, he wanted to enter the ER where a relative (his daughter?) was attended to while there was already another relative inside to comfort her.

 

I understand he was distraught, but should have stayed outside and waited there, together with the others waiting there. He had nothing to do in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

...the things and issues the MDs and Nurse, and all hospital staff put up with in doing their duty.

 

However, I did notice once,,,, a patient came in to ER in pain, and a somewhat out of sort person, came over to the man and talk to him and tried to provide a friendy concern... The person on the gurney appreciated it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Mediate, what is there to mediate?

 

The man was not ill, he wanted to enter the ER where a relative (his daughter?) was attended to while there was already another relative inside to comfort her.

 

I understand he was distraught, but should have stayed outside and waited there, together with the others waiting there. He had nothing to do in there.

It is not as clear cut as that, as shown by the fact the hospital is not pressing charges. The staff was extremely impolite which caused this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

It is not as clear cut as that, as shown by the fact the hospital is not pressing charges. The staff was extremely impolite which caused this situation.

IMO the hospital is not pressing charges because there is no need to press charges.

 

I think it is as clear cut as that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

 

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Mediate, what is there to mediate?

 

The man was not ill, he wanted to enter the ER where a relative (his daughter?) was attended to while there was already another relative inside to comfort her.

 

I understand he was distraught, but should have stayed outside and waited there, together with the others waiting there. He had nothing to do in there.

 

But it's the Thai way. The whole family go to the hospital and want to be with the patient in the event of an emergency. And if the patient is kept in they'll all visit with their hands full of chicken essence and Blue Boy syrup, together with the next door neighbours and other hangers on, with at least one or two of them spending the night on an uncomfortable sofa or even the floor. Thai hospitals are like an extension of the family home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

But it's the Thai way. The whole family go to the hospital and want to be with the patient in the event of an emergency. And if the patient is kept in they'll all visit with their hands full of chicken essence and Blue Boy syrup, together with the next door neighbours and other hangers on, with at least one or two of them spending the night on an uncomfortable sofa or even the floor. Thai hospitals are like an extension of the family home.

Yes, but not the emergency room.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...