New York deli brand Dean and Deluca is celebrating its eighth anniversary in Thailand

webfact

Tastes that are traditional but not timeworn

By The Nation

b5a552016bde20aa033978c8f1447eb8-sld.jpe

New York deli brand Dean and Deluca is celebrating its eighth anniversary in Thailand and marking the 41st birthday of the chain by re-introducing eight best-selling dishes.

“Flashback,” as the promotion is called, offers The Dean Pancake, Crab Louis Salad, Nicoise Salad, Meatloaf, Piri Piri Chicken, Chicken Enchilada, and Fish Taco and will be exclusively available at Mahanakhon Cube, Central Embassy, The EmQuartier, and The Crystal branches. The eighth blast from the past, the New York Sundae, comes in three flavours, namely Chocolate Rocky Road Sundae, Strawberry Crumble Sundae, and Banana Nutty Caramel Sundae, and will be available at every branch except Khao Yai and Suvannabhumi Airport.

Dean and Deluca is also offering Surprise boxes worth Bt3,000 to the eight lucky winners of the “Snap and Share” campaign. To enter simply take a photo of any food, drinks, or products from Dean and Deluca with Chocolate Lollipop 8th Anniversary, and post on your instagram with hashtag #8yrsdeandelucath. A winner will be drawn every week. 

Dean and Deluca, an American chain of upscale restaurant and cafe, was established in Soho, New York in 1977 by Joel Dean, Giorgio DeLuca, and Jack Ceglic, who are passionate about cooking as much as exploring good sources of ingredients around the world.

The brand was so successful that it expanded its business to many cities in and outside the US ranging from Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Kuwait, Singapore, and Philippines. Dean and Deluca is on the favourite dining list of many Hollywood celebrities including Emma Watson, Sarah Jessica Parker and Dakota Fanning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/tasty/30354673

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-18

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

One the most expensive cafe I've ever been into!

But....lot's of Thais in there sipping their lattes.

My wife and I had breakfast there last weekend and had two different very good pancake entrees for 250b each.  Other times, when we're there for lunch, I'll have their falafel pita and fries for about 250b that's very good.

Eating well there doesn't have to be expensive. But the food there is generally a cut above most cafe type restaurants in BKK or Thailand.

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

This site should start stating that these types of articles are paid for advertisements rather than masquerading them as news stories. 

That's a 1st world country thing. In here it suffices to assume somebody is always trying the peddle you something. Extreme prejudice works.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:53 AM, CelticBhoy said:

I might just take out a second mortgage and head there for lunch today . . . .  ?

Wife and I were back there for brunch today at the Central Embassy branch...

I had a chicken enchilada entree for 325b, and she had a smoked duck and cranberry salad for 325b.

I know choosing a pair of $10 U.S. entrees at a sit-down western restaurant in BKK probably means I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage on the house. But every now and again, I think my wife is probably worth going a bit overboard!   :laugh:

• Haha 1