I just got a 90 day stay on a METV

So I showed up at Swampy with my shiny new METV, and the nice lady in immigration stamped me for a 90 day stay. I'm pretty sure METV allows 60 days so curious if anyone else has had this happen, did they change the max stay from 60, or did she just mess something up with her math? One would think her math would be fine because she probably stamps plenty of SETVs for the same 60 day period every day on the job, so somewhat puzzled by this.

DSHJAVv.jpg

Edited by masterblaster

Thanks for replies, sounds like I'm leaving before November 15th either way. If I go to immigration to have it corrected they'll make it 60 days and I'm leaving before Nov 15 anyway, so I might as well just leave before then and save the trouble of going to immigration for a correction.

To clarify, if I just leave within 60 days there shouldn't be any drama since I'm within the METV rules? 

Thanks again.

Edited by masterblaster

This happened to me once and if you dont get it corrected on the way out  of bkk you will be ushered to the desk behind customs officers. They then double checked I only stayed for 60 days, which I did and let me go as its their error but I didnt abuse it by staying longer.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, masterblaster said:

Thanks for replies, sounds like I'm leaving before November 15th either way. If I go to immigration to have it corrected they'll make it 60 days and I'm leaving before Nov 15 anyway, so I might as well just leave before then and save the trouble of going to immigration for a correction.

To clarify, if I just leave within 60 days there shouldn't be any drama since I'm within the METV rules? 

Thanks again.

If you decided to stay longer - depending on your nationality, you could apply for a 30-day extension to your 60-day permitted-stay while at Immigration correcting the entry-stamp.  The cost is 1900 Baht for the extension.