All u can eat buffets/bbq + all can drink deals

flip

quite a few hotels do a Sunday brunch with freeflow option. If you don't mind paying for quality the Four Seasons  and The Coast (Centara in Chaweng) are very nice options.

Locally in Maenam there is a Friday all you can eat BBQ at the Phoenix bar and the Austria corner has a bbq option as well (don't recall the day)

There's a place in Lamai called Dirk's pizza garden that has a very good reputation. I think he does (German chef) a huge BBQ one day during the week and a general buffet on a Sunday and they are both very reasonably priced along with being very good. Lot of residents and frequent holiday makers that I know have given sterling reviews and I trust them. Never been there myself but I have eaten his delivered pizza at various places around the Lamai area.

El Dorado also in Lamai does an all you can eat BBQ on a Thursday for 400-500 Baht. No idea again but the restaurant has been there longer than I have and I've known the chef Noi for maybe 18 years. It'll be good in my opinion.

Drinks included at a venue... Well... It's just a question of negotiating a price from the get go but if you go to a resort setting then you haven't a chance of changing it if it's not included in a huge ticket price.. If it's a small business then just offer a price and go as high as you are willing to go? Take what you want with you and pay for corkage maybe?

Tell you what... I've been in Europe for a while but I'll be back very shortly. You tell me what you want and I'll give you a price on it myself.

Hold on... let me go check TV rules.....

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

Oops.

Send me a PM or something and I'll give you a heads up the next time I'm cooking in town. Every few weeks I take over a commercial kitchen and cook for a group of friends, for free. Done all sorts like a Chinese take-away served in foil trays and a brown paper bag to an Indian served on a banana leaf. Good fun. Anything left I package up and give it to local people to eat there and now of for breakfast.

10 hours ago, huberthammer said:

quite a few hotels do a Sunday brunch with freeflow option. If you don't mind paying for quality the Four Seasons  and The Coast (Centara in Chaweng) are very nice options.

Locally in Maenam there is a Friday all you can eat BBQ at the Phoenix bar and the Austria corner has a bbq option as well (don't recall the day)

Austrian Corner, at the corner of Ring Road and Maenam China Town Walking Street, is twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday, 260 baht. Further down the Walking Street, about 100 meters, is Well Done Steak House with "all you can eat" buffet every Saturday for 249 baht.

If you're into Japanese "all you can eat" running buffet, including sushi, then in Central Festival at the Chaweng Beach Road corner on 2nd floor you'll find Shabushi with buffet every day. About 500 baht including soft drinks (beer can be bought). You have a time frame of 1 hour 15 minutes to eat whatever you like, a hot bowl on the table is used to prepare your food (except sushi). It's actually delicious, but there might be a short waiting time to get space, depending of the size of the group.

If you're into Thai style hot pan, I can recommend Guru Buffet in Bophut, by the Ring Road fairly close to Tesco-Lotus. The have a number of delicious dishes as well. Nice and clean. I think it's 299 baht including soft drinks (beer can be bought). If you're into sea food, they have a special sea food buffet (extra price).

?

One of the best value buffet is served at Fi Greek Restaurant near Tesco Lotus (Homepro entrance) on Fridays for 349 Thb.

Food is so good, so tasty, you'll be amazed no matter if you're into mediterranean food or not.
hey! cool....homepro entrance!? what does it mean? so the main tesco lotus? and home pro entrance? there is the parking lot...!? or...?? thnx a lot, will try!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is 2 entrance to Homepro. One is near chaweng side, other one is closer to Makro / BoPhut side, which is a large inner street actually. When you follow that road up, just before Homepro / tesco entrance, you'll see Fi restaurant on right side.

Fridays it start at 18:30.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:22 AM, huberthammer said:

Austrian Corner buffet is Wednesday and Saturday nights.

If you want to blow out and have a celebration ... everyday Vanabelle in Chaweng Noi do a buffet breakfast including oysters, real parma ham, cheeses and a great selection of other buffet food. There is also an a la carte menu that is included where freshly cooked dishes can be choosen. The best bit ... free flow Prosecco for the entire breakfast and they are not stingy !!  Downside is that is it 1200Bht but they offer 15% discount for residents ... no real proof required. 

The oysters and bubbly would cost you more than 1200 ?

Go hungry !! 

Edited by Tidybeard
  • Like 2